News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

DJ, I know absolutely nothing about flatheads, I always wanted a hot rod with one, but I always played with FE's, Clevelands and Windsors. That said, I'm sure I'll get an education on them.  :002:
I did notice the two water pump holes and triangular water jacket holes between the center bores, so I assumed it was a 221, circa 1938+
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Joe, you are in for some good lessons with Jay ! :001:

You already know a lot, yes that is originally a 221, the first with 24 studs per head and larger main bearings ( in preparation for the 39 Merc), and only built in 39 and 40. This one has a lot overbore (+1/8 +0.060). calculated 249 cui.

RICH MUISE

We finally had a few nice weather days this past weekend, so decided to go to the Starbird show in Tulsa. 780 miles roundtrip. Car ran great. I hadn't planned on it, but I put the car in the outdoor car coral part of the show, still a little to cold out for me Saturday morning, so never even cleaned it. It was only my second time in Tulsa, the first time 18 years ago at night just passing thru. Tulsa is actually further from my house than DFW.
Very impressive show. First time I've got to see nationally famous icons......Red Baron, Lil' Coffin, etc. Those cars look so impressive in person, particularly the Lil Coffin. Saw Darryl Starbird, but didn't get to talk to him........long line! I met three Hamb members outside who came over because they recognized my car from Hamb posts. One was Mo Junk, who's 57 I love.
Inside the show was a '57 T-bird, a very nice scalloped '57 Ranchero, and a Hamber's '58 Custom.      Yep, tons of tri fives.
Pics after I get them downloaded.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

looking forward to them......

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

woah Rich ! Lil Coffin is one of my alltime favorite show rods. we need pics !

RICH MUISE

Here we go....Tulsa Starbird show, In the last pic, that's Darryl Starbird sitting at the table with the red jacket and white hair. I've got a new appreciation for this car after seeing it in person. It's a work of art.

Jeff Norwell

I love that car....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

s'more.
note the top pic...T-Bird inspired car.......as fantastic a job as they did on the body work and fade/blendinfg of the  paint, the actual paint was horrible fisheyes and trash galore. If you look close at the pic, all those shiney spots showing up were actually paint flaws.

RICH MUISE

s'more again Love this black '62...... 406 w/ trips. The Ranchero, a T-bird, and mine outside were the only '57 Fords there.
The show had a crazy number of rat rods in the lower area, but this one deserved a spot on the main floor....oops, it was on the lower level

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2020-02-19 11:18
I love that car....
Thanks, but the Lil Coffin is pretty cool too! ::)
The yellow sporty looking creation to me has GM written all over it (except for the T-bird hood scoop), BUT it's powered by a Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 dohc! Didn't notice that til I got home and read the plaque. I would have asked to look closer had I known.
I normally don't like Gold, but the T-Bird and the Caddy were spot on.

KYBlueOval

Saw the Gold Cadillac several times. Very Nice car from a shop in South Carolina. The bucket  seats are from a '66 T'Bird.........same as what I'm using in my Ranchero.

lalessi1

Was watching "Full Custom Garage" this afternoon on Motor Trend On Demand and they featured the build of the "Bubble Top" car that has T-Bird elements. VERY IMPRESSIVE story. The guy that built the cool stuff wasn't involved in the painting of the car.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Those buckets will look great in your Ranchero, John. Going back and re-looking, I think they're proportionally too small for that big Caddy.

RICH MUISE

I fogot to mention last week, I filled up my dd.............1.91 gal!! I noticed the mid grade that day was 2.14. I should have gone home and filled up the '57. It was only that low for one day. Regular went back to the 2.09 it's been at for quite a while around here. Last weekend I saw lots of highway stations in OK at 1.99.

mustang6984

Here in the Branson/Springfield area it is between $2.04 and $1.97. Closer to Springfield...cheaper it gets. WA state meanwhile according to my wife is around $2.60 and higher.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker