News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Pondering one more point over coffee this a.m.; how different we all interpret the same event or interact differently given the same circumstances. That is regarding the gentleman mentioned in my above post that wanted to let us know there isn't any sponsored event until sometime in the future. One guy I talked to said: this a--hole told me "we couldn't be here and meet, what a jerk, he's not going to tell me what to do!". Yes, It's been a long three months.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

Yes, huge difference in attitudes. I have several long time friends asking me why I wear a mask, it ain't gonna do no good? Well, may be it doesn't but it can't hurt, and I'd rather be safe than wrong.This ain't the time to play the macho routine, and if everybody played safe, maybe the folks approving the go-ahead for shows would be less reluctant to do so. Of course, now we have the protests thrown into the mix as well.
Our turnout yesterday for the first Saturday meet was almost back to normal, less the car club that kinda sponsors it. Not really much to sponsor, but they like to wear their club clothing and have coffee and cookies. Our get together in the historic rt 66 district was back to normal..about 25 or so throughout the evening.
BTW, we did have a peaceful protest here in Amarillo last week. Someone from a group (I know nothing about) called the Patriots was one of the speakers in the downtown area, before the march 3 or 4 miles to the historic route 66 area, and let the crowd know the patriots were there in force and armed. He said they were there to make sure there was no violence, looting, or property damage. (there wasn't). Also the old district is a biker area, and there were hundreds of bikers there to protect the properties where they hang out. Not sure if it was the bikers or the Patriots, but there were a number of guys up on the roofs near their hangouts and businesses with assault rifles. This is Texas! Haven't heard if there is going to be another protest march today.
OK, back to shows and cruises. Yeah, lots of us getting antsy. I had a number of guys ask me what I've heard about shows coming up, and there's not much. A town about an hour sw from here , Hereford, is having a cruise and show Jul 4th. The biggest cruise in N Texas is in Vernon, 175 miles south. I was there two weeks ago on my way to a car show, and talked to some locals that were informed by the city that the cruise/show will proceed as usual. Hooray for that, but it's not until August.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Almost nothing happening anywhere near here that I can find for June. bawl

I've said many times I hate detailing, but my car was crying for it, so........I've been working on getting the neglected paint cleaned up. It's been hot, dry, and windy here for most of the week, and that's been a pain because , being Texas, when it's dry and windy, we have bad dust. Two days we had gusts up to 60mph, and for those two days, the sky was brown from all the airborn silt. My paint had bugs, tar, and tree sap aside from a coating of crap from the contaminations in the air. I had an old can of turtle wax bug, tar and tree sap remover that I found worked great with my small 4" buffer. So after washing, because of the silt, I'd have to dust then detail cleaner each panel before I started on it with the small air buffer. I followed that up with Meguires cleaner and polish and my big buffer. Finally got all that finished up yesterday. Today I've got to get all the mess cleaned up from the buffing operation then start a hand paste wax. This dust in the air ain't helping my breating any, so I can't work on it steady. Took 3 days to get it this far. It looks and feels soooooo much better. Not sure if they still make the Turtle wax stuff, I couldn't find it at O'Reill'y, but they may have renamed it when they updated their packaging. It's really user friendly in that it'll stay moist while your rotary buffing.
Btw, a few pics of our weekly Saturday night meeting in the Historic district:

djfordmanjack

Sweet cars, ( even the red one). I apologize.

Rich, do I really see a heavily customized 53/54 Lincoln sitting next to your 57Custom ?

RICH MUISE

Yes, my friend Gary's. He's also got a chopped 46 Ford sedan, and a 49ish chopped merc. That Lincoln is a beautiful car. Hard to tell, but the dark color is a deep purple. All his cars are traditional customs. The Lincoln has a 460 Lincoln in it. I've got more pics of it somewhere. Haha..it used to be called Betty, but she left.

RICH MUISE

found one pic from a few years ago

djfordmanjack

Very nice ideed !
interesting grille/bumper treatment.
It seems that a lot of those 52-55 Lincolns get customized in the front, but left pretty much stock otherwise. they have great proportions, especially the Cpe of course.

RICH MUISE

Next time I see him, I'll get more pics. Can't remember what he did in the back.

gasman826

...got a little polishing done

rmk57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2020-06-13 15:33
...got a little polishing done

Time very well spent indeed! 

Is this engine an original or newer or a mix of both ?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

'65 427 Cammer

djfordmanjack

WOWSER !!!  That is beautiful. Is that the engine in your 41/2ish Coupe ?

gasman826

Yep, in the '41 business coupe.  Most of my time is spent on the Custom but every now and then some little thing gets done...baby steps.

CobraJoe

Too cool. Sub'd!
I had a chance to buy a cammer for $10K about 15 years ago from a local Pro Stock guy but I couldn't justify it; still kicking myself in the ass.  :iamwithstupid:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

Universal frame from S&W Race Cars.

$10k...now, side oilers are going for that!  Coulda', woulda', shoulda'.  My Chrystal ball only works in hind sight.