News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Got my replacement electric window kit yesterday.............they also came in damaged in the same spots. Jegs is ordering a set from the manufacturer, and they put a note on the order to open the package and check the contents before they ship it to me. it's gonna be early January looks like....hopefully.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

An update........I pulled the broken unit out of the car and actually was able to get what I think is now a good permanent fix. I took it apart, removed the broken nylon tube and replaced it with copper. Not really having a good way to secure it to the nylon housings, I put two hose clamps on the copper and ran some JB Weld around everything, added some wire. It is nice and solid, and checking with my portable 12v power supply, operates nice and smooth and quiet. The glob at the bottom of the regulator was my first repair when the nylon housing broke away from the track.
I wanted to change the way the motor was attached to the door panel, so I ran to the hardware store. When I got back, my new replacement kit was on the front porch!! URG. I was almost hoping it was also damaged, but it wasn't, so it looks like I have a good backup set. I'll leave the repaired one in there since it's almost installed.
I've posted on my portable power unit before, but worth mentioning again. It's obviously a 12v drill with the motor removed and replaced with leads.  Built in charger, variable power/speed control, and reversible +-. Lightwieight...........easy to carry to a salvage yard if needed! Just flipping the switch let me run the regulator up and down while I was adding some lube. Doesn't get any better for convenience.
If anyone is thinking about adding an electric window kit, I can do a how-to. There is some figuring out on the project that takes a while to sort out if you don't have info on what to do specific to our '57s.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Christmas present. Here is a very old photo taken in 1959 of my first '57. My mom and siblings in front of my grandmother's Fairlane 500 at Easter. The car would eventually become mine. I am tugging at my tie and my sister who gave me this picture for Christmas seems to be looking at a cell phone???
Lynn

mustang6984

Ties were never a comfy fit when we were kids...I still don't hardly wear one...in fact...since we moved across the country last fall/winter...I have no idea where mine are! LOL!! don't care either... :003:

Nice car! Still have it?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Thats great Lynn, I'll have to dig up a family picture of our new 57. I've only wore a tie once in the last 40 years at my sons wedding, a bow tie.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Shame on you, Jim !  :003:

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-12-29 07:11
I've only wore a tie once in the last 40 years at my sons wedding, a bow tie.

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-12-29 07:33
Shame on you, Jim !  :003:
There was nobody in a tie at my wedding, I made the rules  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Fairlane62

Our weddings are typically jeans and boots.

CobraJoe

My wedding usually end up in divorce... :003:

My dad always said: "Marriage is the number one cause of divorce"
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-12-29 16:33
My wedding usually end up in divorce... :003:

My dad always said: "Marriage is the number one cause of divorce"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
I long ago decided I was a one time kinda guy...But then I didn't do it until I was 38...:glasses12:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

57chero

One of my dad's sayings "Love is blind marriage is an eye opener".

Wirenut

I was 19 and told a friend I was getting married, she said marriage was a great institution, but who in the hell wants to live in an institution!

Fairlane62

Well, last September was 51 years married for me.  She used to lay on the concrete and watch me change transmissions.  After two hip replacements and a knee replacement, she doesn't get down on the concrete unless she falls. 😉   But she supports me in my car addiction, so I got a keeper.

mustang6984

Lucky you!!! It has been a battle for me...but after 30+ years...I think she is coming around... :002:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Amy's a game chic!  So I'll keep her.