News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

djfordmanjack

A chilly Sunday, too cold to go outside work on the cars..... time to listen to some 78 acetates... :002:

this is the actual recording on the turntable, only my copy has a blue label because the Columbia pressing came from England.
Personally I like Albert Ammons heavy hammering piano playing on the Woo Woo side, better than Pete Johnson on Boo Woo.

1930artdeco

DJ, are you using 3pt front seat belts by chance? If you are did you use retractable or non retractable? The floors and seat belts are up next.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

djfordmanjack

Hello Mike,
I only mounted 2pt lap belts in the rear for the kids at least. No belts on the front.

djfordmanjack

Not much going on here, but I picked the battery from warm basement storage and put it back into car. Probably not going to be any extended freezing temps this year. As usual just a few squirts of EZ-start spray and she fired right up after 5 months of winter storage. Can't believe how fast time flies!
This weekend will be a Rock'n'Roll type festival in my hometown and the weather forecast is good so far. probably going to be in the mid 50s maybe even 60s ° without night time freeze or road salt. Hopefully I will be able to take her out to the show (after a good wash). Not even 10 miles from my place, so a very short trip, but the first  time out in spring is always sweet ! And I don't have to fill'er up for that....I don't want to break my bank account... :003:

hiball3985

Hope all goes well for you to get out. I was planning on a trip this weekend but rain in the forecast and the mountains are still snow filled. Gas here is up again in the $5 a gallon range  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

$5.....really?? Just went UP to $3 here.
Sounds like your perfect weekend, Gunter!
Was going to Goodguys 360 miles south of here, have to cancel. Haven't closed on our house sale yet.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

cool pics Gunter, same as Jim, 5.60ish in my area DTLA.(must be changing to summer blend...)  In Oct, we only ever got down to 4.05 after the spike last year.

Get some pics of that CS at the Festival please!!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-03-07 09:04$5.....really?? Just went UP to $3 here.
Sounds like your perfect weekend, Gunter!
Was going to Goodguys 360 miles south of here, have to cancel. Haven't closed on our house sale yet.
Rich, Thats nothing compared to natural gas now, my bill for January was $450 and the one for February will probably be as bad or worst. And they want a 20% increase for next year  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Our Propane for heat went up to $780 a month... ugh
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

DANG! I thought the $2.79 we are paying for gas and $3.79 for diesel was bad enough. But then, back in Dec of 2020 we were under $2 for gas and around $3 for diesel. (in MO) Prices will inch up for summer once Branson opens up for tourist season later this month. Dolly Parton's place will open next week and the others will start doing same as well soon after. By April 1st back in full swing.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

We're down to approx $7 right now for regular, but I expect it to get up to $9 again for cruising season in summer. Our energy prices are insane. electric power is 2.5 times compared to last year and heating oil up to approx $7 per gln.
Anyways , got a nice enamel cast iron wood burning stove from the 1950s and I still do get my living room area the temperature I WANT, just saying.... :002:
Will post 57 CS pics after the weekend.

terry_208

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-03-07 15:04We're down to approx $7 right now for regular, but I expect it to get up to $9 again for cruising season in summer. Our energy prices are insane. electric power is 2.5 times compared to last year and heating oil up to approx $7 per gln.
Anyways , got a nice enamel cast iron wood burning stove from the 1950s and I still do get my living room area the temperature I WANT, just saying.... :002:
Will post 57 CS pics after the weekend.

And here I thought full house natural gas heat at $35 a month was bad.  I priced gas at Costco a little bit ago at $3.63.  I thought gas in Ely Nevada yesterday was bad at $3.95 a gallon. 
Terry

mustang6984

Well heard just today that Dolly opened up her place already, so we will start seeing more tourists in town, and more show palaces opening...and of course then gas in Branson will go up. Diesel in Berryville AR (10 miles from my house) is at $3.65 a gallon now.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Well..... in case somebody was wondering....

of course it rained on Friday, and chilling winds brought down the temps to freezing Saturday night. So my 57 had to stay at home.   :005:

it is what it is.... hopefully out soon !