News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

NEAT STUFF

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2010-04-30 09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

WILDHOG IN A REPLY TO ANOTHER POST GOT ME THINKING, WHATS THE NEATEST THING Y'ALL HAVE FOUND IN ANY OF THE CARS YOU'VE HAD.
I FOUND IN THE TRUNK OF A 1956 PLYMOUTH I BOUGH FROM A FARMER A MODEL 1911 COLT 45 ACP. NOT EVEN A A-1MODEL.
TO BAD IT WAS SO RUSTY AND CORRODED IF YA YOU COULDN'T EPULL THE SLIDE BACK WITH A HAMMER AND A GALLON OF RUST BUSTER, LOL.

glen b henderson

DO YOU STILL HAVE IT?
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Sounds like a molasses project to me, huh Glen?  That stuff is the bomb..

Most interesting thing I've ever found in a car was in a `64 Comet sedan I paid $50 dollars for.  I was looking under the seats, cleaning garbage out, and found a ziplock baggie with 3 $20 bills, lol.  Got paid $10 to take the Comet away.  I drove the car for over a year, then sold it for $500.  Prob the only car I've ever had and sold, that I actually made anything off of.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Bubba

I was rummaging through the trunk full of "STOUGH" that came with my 57 Ford when I found an Autometer 3 gauge panel complete with warning lights!  Not nearly as intersting as a .45  I asked the old timer I bought the car from if it was his and he wanted it back and he said no it wasn't his and no he didn't want it.  I asked him about the weld marks in the trunk, and he said "oh that, the car spent a few years in NC and when I bought it it had a big tank in the back, he further said he thought the car had been used to run "shine" many, many years ago.
Don't know if I believe it or not.
BuBBa

wolfpupsdad

nope glenn.don't have the car or the 45acp my dad took it to work with him and mixed it in with the scape metal. i think he was affraid it was a murder weapon, lol.

glen b henderson

To bad about the 45, they are getting about as hard to find as a 57 Ford.
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

Speaking of hard to find 57 fords...I just got back from the Pate Swap meet in fort worth tonight (5 hr. drive each way) there was one 57 ford there, a ranchero: driver, $5500. old paint job, not a restoration. In comparison, I didn't count but easily 12-15 '57 chev project cars. Couldn't find any cobra exaust manifolds or mustang motor mounts I was looking for. Did buy a neet tee shirt with 57 ford 2 dr custom pencil drawing on it...Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

glen b henderson

I just remembered, back in the late 60's I bought a wrecked 62 ford. It was full of junk, but I found a pill bottle under the dash full of some kind of dired up grass, always wondered way someone would put dry grass in a pill bottle. My buddy said that he wanted it.
Freedom is not Free

Frankenstein57

When I was racing 57's, I flipped open a trunk of a 57 in a storage yard, and out came dozens of bees. Stung me up pretty bad, be careful out there!  Mark

canadian_ranchero

picked up a 59 meteor for parts and found a all most new trypod screw jack in the trunk

Ford Blue blood

Never found anything out of the ordinary, just bees, snakes and dead mice.  I did however find about $5.00 in silver coins when I took the console out of my 62 Bird, does that count.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

About the neatest thing I found in my 57 fairlane when I got it was and old punch card stuck up in the rear seat. I didn't know what it was and apparently I threw it away. I've looked for it since and can't find it. Oh well, live and learn. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

alstoy

My 57 Country Sedan came to New Zealand from Arizona. When we stripped it I found an old 24ct gold ring that had been cut through the band. The stone was missing although my wife spent a lot of time sifting through the dust etc. Always wondered what the story was. The ring has since been melted down and incorporated into another ring.

Hoosier Hurricane

When I got my Ranchero for free, I went through it and found an old billfold in the glove box, had a $5 bill in it.

John

RICH MUISE

Neat things found in cars...
I got my '57 from my wife's family after my father-in-law passed away. John was a used car dealer all his life, and carried it on a little bit after he retired from Amarillo to Lake Texoma in Oklahoma. The week before he passed away he had run the car off into a ditch, and had to have it towed home. No damage, but they couldn't get it running again. After I trailered the car home to Colorado I was going thru it and found John's old coffee cup on the front floor, probably knocked down there when he hit the ditch. It was a recognizable bright orange ugly thing, problably from the 70's. I brought it into the house and showed it to my wife. She knew it was her dad's. Later, I was cleaning it and wrapping it up, and Connie asked me what I was going to do with it. I told her some day, after I got the '57 finished I was going to take her Dad's coffee cup for another ride. Well, it's 9 years later, I'm now in Texas, I still have the coffee cup...it's on a shelf in my shop...and some day it is going for another ride in the '57.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe