News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Installiing a 4.6

Started by Mavaholic, 2007-05-20 08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Lots of good points, when I grew up my brother and I got hooked on dirt short track racing. He is 8 years older than I, and soon started building a car. His first car was a 55ford, 312 y-block. he was to young to drive, and had the neighbor driving it with limited sucess. Then they built a 57 ,406 -did ok. Well he got hooked up with some chevy guys , wound up building one , never came back to ford. In 74, I bought a former track champs 57ford , put in a medium riser 427, had a ball, won 13 races rookie year.After 5 seasons racing ford sportsmans, I moved up to late models. Fe motors pretty much dried up in supply, I was forced to buy a chevy (not rich) had many great years, But,,, my point is I came back to my 57 fords, wouldn't dream of putting anything else under the hood , go blue oval!!!!!

Curt J

I saw a a '57 Tudor wagon at a car show here in Sandwich, Illinois over Memorial Day weekend, that had a 32 valve Lincoln Mark VIII in it. It was a beautiful piece of work. He too, used a lot of other parts from the Lincoln.

I remember seeing a '55 Chevy once with a 440 Mopar in it. A few years back a guy turned up at a Corvette show here with a very early 'vette ('54 maybe?) that had a real funny sound when he pulled into the show. To the horror of the "cactus crowd" (You all know the difference between a cactus and a Corvette, right?) it had a full-race Ford Flathead in it. They changed their show rules the following year so that this couldn't happen again.

Ford Blue blood

I have a 36 Chevy 2 Dr. Sdn with a 351C/FMX.  It was a junk yard motor in 1974 out of a 72 Ranchero.  No idea how many miles were on it but I have 135K on the car with no failures!  Talk about causing a little ruckus.......the Chevy guys just look and shake their head and the Ford guys love it!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fomocochoptop

Back to the Topic of Trans Shifting- Check out this Website www.becontrols.com It might help you out on that Transmission Problem