News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Pics of My '57 Custom

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-01-06 15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Hello, these are some of the pictures of my unfinished '57 Custom.

Ecode70D

Here is another from my files that I couldn't find.

57 Ford Kustom

Sweet ride! As a matter of fact it looks like you have a whole garage of sweet rides!
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

" As a matter of fact it looks like you have a whole garage of sweet rides!"

[/quote]

Tim
   The other  cars are the reason why  I always referred to the 57 as my "late model car"   and it never got finished after about 10 years.  Over the years, I only worked on it  a little bit at a time in between working on my 34  Fords.

Now  that the others are all done, the 57 is on the front burner.  I would very much like to paint it this coming summer and bolt all of the parts back on it.

Thanks for your comment.
Jay A

57 Ford Kustom

Jay,
   If those 34's are examples of your "finished" work, Your 57' will be gorgous! Nice job!
Thanks.
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

I agree. Your 34's are beautiful. And the 57 I am sure will be just as nice
~Chris

JPotter57

I love it.  That `57 has a fine body, awesome combo of E-code and 70D...so cool.  Keep us updated with pics.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

This one was taken just after it was taken off the stands and getting ready to drive out into the daylight for the first time in more years than I care to remember.

Computers are more daunting to me than rebuilding a transmission, an engine or making a steel panel from scratch.

Here it goes I hope that it works!

Jay A

glen b henderson

Jay, great looking car and as rare find. Would it possible to get some pictures of the package tray and rear interior area? I am converting my 70A to a 70D and some good pictures would sure help. Thanks Glen
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

Ditto on what Glen asked. I meant to ask before about the package tray. You had mentioned you replaced the seat that someone had installed with a shelf, but I wasn't sure if you meant you somehow found an oem shelf, or fabricated one. These things are so rare, I don't believe I've ever even seen a picture of an oem shelf to use as a model.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

You have to be one of the luckiest people to walk the planet, what a great find.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

There is a little information in the assemble/sealant manual for 70D.  You already have the 70D specific rear side window seal, hardware and glass.

Ecode70D

Richard
   At the time years ago I didn't know what the panel/back tray was supposed to look like so I borrowed an OEM  back panel and very carefully copied it to the exact tolerances as close as I could get.   So that's what I used in my car after  I took the incorrect back seat out.  Both the original and the copy fit my car perfectly.  The owner or the original couldn't believe how it came out.

Glen 
    I have pictures of the back area and the original panel that I copied, and will be happy to send them as soon as I find them in this new computer of mine.  In my pictures  please note that I did not use the original push in buttons to secure the side panels.  I have to take those panels off after the car is painted so that I can install the outside quarter panel stainless.  The temporary screws are easier to take off than the push in buttons.  When the push ins are removed, you have a tendency make little marks on the new panel.  The very back panel is held on with screws.  (Go figure?)   If I had to do it again, there are a few thing that I would change that would never get noticed.   All of the back panels are plain without door panel material on them.   I can be reached at 1508 866 2671.  There is a lot to explain.

Gasman926
      The quarter windows will have to come out for painting also.  Let me know what that sealer is.  My original rubbers are nice and supple so I will be using them instead of the reproduction. ones.

Thank all of you for your comments.

JA

gasman826

I'm not a glass guy.  In the dealership, I changed Ford pickup rear windows for sliders.  Every thing was new, the glass was not being saved and production was of the essence.  If I broke a window, it did not matter...had several used ones in inventory.  On the '57s, the glass is on my dime and the gasket is cheaper than the glass.  I cut the gasket to insure safe removal of the glass.  It would be nice to have good original glass but it all shows age.  The business coupe, rear side glass was thicker than the replacement glass.

Ecode70D

I'll try again to post some more pictures. I hope I can do it again.

This time they will be of the stock 57 package tray/pan that I copied.  I don't have it anymore because I returned it .  It was several years ago that I borrowed this pan.

Will someone please tell me how to view the pics before posting them after I click to choose file.
My daughter showed me yesterday, but I forgot.
JA