News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parts to get rid of

Started by wighty, 2013-02-15 16:38

Previous topic - Next topic

wighty

I am moving from a home we have lived in for 22 years and need to clean house.  I have a number parts that came off of my 57 Custom 300.  Most of these parts are ones that people don't want because they replace with upgrades, but I thought I would see if any one can use any before I throw them away. I hate to throw things away if there is someone that can use it.
1. Original Radiator that worked well when last used about 10 years ago.
2. Complete Heater with Blower and Controls
3. Complete 4 weel Drum Brakes with Spindles.
4. 3 Speed Column Shift Linkage
5. Complete Steering including Steering Wheel
6. One Front Bumper
7. One Custom 300 Rear Bumper
8. One Rear Window Glass that came out of a custom 4 door (looks the same as my 2 door)
9. New Black Carpet that has a hole cut in it for the 4 speed that was in the car.
10. 351 Cleveland 4V Heads
11. Edelbrock 4 Barrel Performer Intake Manifold that went with the above mentioned Heads.
12. Cast Iron Cleveland Exhaust Manifolds.
13. Original Overdrive 3 Speed Transmission with Overdrive Control Cable
14. New BR Goodrich T/A Radial Tires mounted on Older Amercan Aluminum Wheels
      P215-170 R14, Quantity 2
      P225-170 R14, Quantity 2
If anyone needs any of these, make me an offer as long as it is not less than free.
My email is wighty@sbcglobal.net. I live in the San Francisco Bay area (Cupertino)
Dennis

Tom S

Dennis you have several things I am interested in.
1. Radiator
2. New Black Carpet - hole for 4 speed
3. Spindles
4. Front Bumper
5. Overdrive 3 Speed Trans+Cable

My location is the big problem. You would have to be willing to box up things & mail them here.  FedEx or UPS is out due to excessive shipping charges, has to come via USPS.

Things I need:
Radiator.  I do not have a stock radiator & the one in my Ranchero will not let a 390 fit in the car or work with a 390.
No Idea what you would want for it.  Several months ago some guys were getting some nice new bolt in aluminum radiators for $250 here ...Seen good used ones for $75.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=3627.0
Carpet.   this would go in my Ranchero, I have no carpet at all.
Things I want:
Spindles. I would then have a spare set to hold up the parts car 72 Ranchero if I use it's spindles
& disk brakes.  Then if/when the 72 gets junked I still have some stock spindles.  I would still have the personal problem dilemma of not wanting to send old & getting very rare parts to the junkyard. 
Bumper.  If I can ever get a '57 front clip to replace the Edsel one.....  Shipping cost alone would probably kill me on that. Might also depend on what you want for it.   
Overdrive 3 Speed.  For a different vehicle.  Like the bumper, shipping cost & what you want for it are probably the kicker.   

I have no idea what these things are worth or might be worth to you.  If you are willing to ship any of that stuff maybe you could send me a PM about what you have in mind.
There is also a slight possibility that I can find someone that will be coming up this way in the spring with a truck & maybe a trailer & could pick stuff up.  Got a prospect in mind, have to check it out.

Edit:   It just occurred to me that I *may* still have a '57 radiator stashed away.  In my minds eye I can see it sitting there.  I hope it is!  Gonna be a while before I can check though.
Forgot you posted an email addy too.  Gonna send you one with this same stuff in it ....

wighty

One additional part I just found is the Bell Housing that went to the Borg Warner 3 speed/overdrive transmission on the original 312 engine that was in the car.

6cyl57

Grayhound Bus will ship inexpensively , you just have to be there to get it. I know of hoods and bumpers
being shipped that way.

Tom S

Quote from: 6cyl57 on 2013-02-17 10:15Grayhound Bus will ship inexpensively ...
There is no Greyhound Bus in Alaska & certainly none running up & down the Alcan highway.  Too bad for me.

Somebody here has to be somewhere near the San Francisco Bay area.  Someone needs to get those '57 parts before March first & Wighty's house move.  He says they gotta go.
I emailed Wighty & got replies.  I shouldn't & don't want to speak for him but it sounds to me like he will sell the parts at very low prices. 
I need some of these parts & very much want some of the others but he has way too much going on to be able to pack & send any of them to me.  I am going to see what I can do otherwise but there is little chance that I will be able to find someone to pick them up for me in that short time frame.
I would really hate to see those 57 parts end up in the dump.   :'(

hiball3985

I would be interested in the trans if it has a working solenoid.....
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wighty

The transmission has been out of the car for about 25 years.  I replaced it with a Top Loader 4 speed.  The Solinoid worked fine then. It has been sitting in my garage all of this time. I believe I still have all of the shift linkage and the Overdrive activation Cable.

hiball3985

I have a top loader waiting to go into mine but I like the overdrives except the solenoids have got so expensive. So depending on how much you want and what it would cost to ship to Los Angeles I would consider it. I wonder if a LTL company would ship it and how much?.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-02-18 19:17I would be interested in the trans if it has a working solenoid.
I'm interested in it even if it doesn't.  Just don't know how I can get it, or the other things, to here though.  :'( 
What's an LTL company?

hiball3985

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-02-18 23:30
I'm interested in it even if it doesn't.  Just don't know how I can get it, or the other things, to here though.  :'( 
What's an LTL company?
Less then a Truck Load. They will load a lot of small stuff destine to a few locations. They are smaller delivery companies but will usually take heavier stuff that UPS etc won't
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

xsilencex

I'm hunting for a steering wheel. What is the condition of the one you have?

wighty

It is a normal original wheel with cracks at the hub.

wighty

I found a company called "NOS Only" in San Jose, CA that will take all my 57 parts. I won't get much, if anything, but I think they will eventually get to people who could use them, which makes me feel good. I don't know anything about this company, but if anyone is looking for parts they can't find, this might be a source. The mans name is Sid and his phone is (408) 227-2353

hiball3985

Thats good you found someone to take them. Just before I ended up with a 57 I was cleaning out, part of my bucket list routine, what a few others and my son didn't want went to scrap, 2900 lbs of it at $.05 a pound  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

xsilencex

I pm'd you on the wheel.