News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

We had a heat wave today

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-02-28 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

We in Mass. had a heat wave today.  The temperature was a nice comfortable 47 degrees.  I was able to work on my 57 with the garage doors wide open.  The sun was shining on the back of the car and I didn't have to turn the overhead gas heater on.  As soon as the clock came to 3:PM, it was like someone turned the switch off and the temp. plummeted right town to almost freezing in about 15 minutes.   That was the end of my fun for today.

57 Ford Kustom

Jay,
   Did you get my pm?
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57AGIN

Ecode70D:

We had one of those unusual waves out West, too.  In the morning I took 57 out to get an O2 bung welded into one of the collectors and had to drive with windows down and both vents open.  Later in  the early afternoon, wife and I spent about an hour in our spa, 100 degrees in the H20, 80+ degrees outside the spa.  Sorry for all our members in the less temperate climates, but you also don't have to put up with our traffic jams, etc.  Spring will soon be here for all of us.  God bless and stay warm.

Bob
57 AGIN

Ecode70D

Tim
    Yes I did and I answered it immediately upon reading it.   Thanks for the heads up on that item. 
     I'm going to take a look at my messages to see why it didn't go through.  Maybe I pushed the wrong button.
Jay 

Zapato

We're supposed to hit 61 and clear skies today, so far overcast and raining.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

85 at my house, looking for sun block  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-03-01 17:27
85 at my house, looking for sun block  :003:
bastard!!!!

Ecode70D

Something's wrong...
    They say that March is supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb or something like that.

Well!   We  are  having another nice day today.  In Mass. March is coming in like a lamb. What's that all about????  I hope that it's not a sign of something to come. 

I'll just take the good days as they come.  It's another day that I can do a little something to the car. 

hiball3985

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-03-02 11:01
bastard!!!!
This bastard was outside in a T shirt working on the car until 9 pm  :003: but winter is returning next week.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57AGIN

Guys:

Hate to add insult to injury (or snow as the case may be), but I just had to see if I can still get my surfboards into 57 AGIN with the new upholstery (no the old surfboard wax has long since been removed).  There is a Beach Cruisers Car Show in Huntington Beach, CA in a couple of weeks and it is open only to vehicles that back in the day provided transportation to the beach for surfers and their surfboards.  Just had to see if it still works, yep it does.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-03-02 13:35
Guys:

Hate to add insult to injury (or snow as the case may be), but I just had to see if I can still get my surfboards into 57 AGIN with the new upholstery (no the old surfboard wax has long since been removed).  There is a Beach Cruisers Car Show in Huntington Beach, CA in a couple of weeks and it is open only to vehicles that back in the day provided transportation to the beach for surfers and their surfboards.  Just had to see if it still works, yep it does.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN
Bob, Do you ever wish you had a woody?

And before Tim chimes in, NO! not that kind  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball, what you are talking about? :003:Lol. Bob, You have to transport both surfer, and surf board? looks like one or the other! Lol

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-03-02 17:02
Hiball, what you are talking about? :003:Lol.
I didn't want to leave my comment about a woody for you to twist it out of context  :065:  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

I wood never do that! :003:Lol!

57 Ford Kustom

I'm glad you are having good day down in Mass, Jay! It is snowing again here :005: