News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hardest 57 part or acc.

Started by wildhog, 2013-09-06 21:17

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

As some of you guys know I am a little crazy when it comes to 57 Fords. There are some things that I have looked for for years and thought I would never own, but just when I am ready to give up looking, it falls in my lap.
So I was just thinking what is the hardest part or acc. or litature or dealer sales item that you have found or are still looking for? Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

I've got a 57 Ford yard stick that was produced by Ford Motor Company (no dealer) that is 57" long and lists all measurements (headroom, shoulder room, front seat width etc) of every car in it's class (Studebaker, Hudson, Plymouth, Chevy etc). I have never seen another like it. I got it off Ebay for $10.00. It had to be a promotional item put out by Ford.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

My dad still searching for the Selectaire badge for the side of his Fairlane....they come up from time to time, but they usually go for over 300 and are in prety sad shape, being potmetal and all.  Me?  I want the rear package shelf for the 70D.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

geraldchainsaw

i would like to find a dash plate that covers the heater controls , radio & clock for my fairlane 500 conv that has no pits,  theres got to be 1 out there.   jerry

rmk57

Quote from: JimNolan on 2013-09-06 21:38
I've got a 57 Ford yard stick that was produced by Ford Motor Company (no dealer) that is 57" long and lists all measurements (headroom, shoulder room, front seat width etc) of every car in it's class (Studebaker, Hudson, Plymouth, Chevy etc). I have never seen another like it. I got it off Ebay for $10.00. It had to be a promotional item put out by Ford.

What a cool piece.
Garage art at its finest!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Quote from: JimNolan on 2013-09-06 21:38

That has to be a real rare piece, feel free to name me in your will.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Wouldn't mind finding the rest of the service bulletins I'm missing........
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I know the F code stuff is difficult to find, probably the E code also, but to a lesser extent. As James mentioned, that 70D rear shelf I would not want to be looking for. The part I needed that I never did find was the drivers side NOS door latch. I did find a '57 Merc NOS latch I was able to modify and install two or three years ago.
I see some unusual nos stuff on ebay occationally, particularly by one seller,that makes me glad I'm not trying to restore back to original....crazy prices.(I'm going from memory here) 450. for an electric top switch, 375 for a seat switch, 280. for one headlight eyebrow,  250. for grille center piece, 430 for clock.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I see that EMS is repopping trunk floor braces.

JimNolan

Although my yardstick is the only one I've seen. Tom Drummand is carrying around an emblem that is a scarce as hens teeth. It's the SPECIAL emblem that goes on the glove compartment door that you see on some of the early Ford Fairlane 500's with 312, 4V and dual exhaust.
PS. Saw the Hoosier Hurricane down at Muncie Drag Strip yesterday. It was hot but he looked real good. Got to talk to him a little. They had a Nostalgia Event and Car show.

Ecode70D

Quote from: JimNolan on 2013-09-08 10:23
Although my yardstick is the only one I've seen. Tom Drummand is carrying around an emblem that is a scarce as hens teeth. It's the SPECIAL emblem that goes on the glove compartment door that you see on some of the early Ford Fairlane 500's with 312, 4V and dual exhaust.
PS. Saw the Hoosier Hurricane down at Muncie Drag Strip yesterday. It was hot but he looked real good. Got to talk to him a little. They had a Nostalgia Event and Car show.

What are the chances that someone could post a picture of that "SPECIAL EMBLEM''  that goes on the glove compartment door.   I may have one in my collection of stuff. 

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-09-08 11:16

What are the chances that someone could post a picture of that "SPECIAL EMBLEM''  that goes on the glove compartment door.   I may have one in my collection of stuff. 

Yes Please.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

In my honest opinion at least for me. 

Trying to find all of those little parts, pieces, and assorted clips that I took off of my 57 and so carefully bagged, tagged and put away over 10 years ago. 

Jeff ... and everyone else, I hope you are paying attention.

Some things just seem to vanish into thin air!!!!!   They usually turn up after you buy pieces to replace them.

To me , that's the hardest part!

JimNolan

Here's a picture of the one on mine.

JPotter57

Thanks...now I want one of those.  Man....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-09-06 21:49
My dad still searching for the Selectaire badge for the side of his Fairlane....they come up from time to time, but they usually go for over 300 and are in pretty sad shape, being potmetal and all.

Had to do a Google image search to see what your dad is searching for. Don't believe I've ever seen one but knowing my dislike for extra emblems if one had ever been on a car of mine it would have been removed and if lucky would have been hung on a garage wall. Truly another example of one man's trash being anothers' treasure. In this case desired treasure.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72