News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sad news at home

Started by Frankenstein57, 2013-09-26 20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

This afternoon my sister called to tell me my Dad passed away in his sleep last night,  He was 93, very active man, took care of my mom, good health. He lived a long life, no long illness or problems, still hard. I spent last week with my folks on vacation, we did some work, did some touring, went out twice for dinner. We watched some ball games, Sunday we watched the packers, I hugged him and came home. Today he is gone

jumping jack flash

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My Mom was 80 when she died 2 years ago, and their old age doesn't make it easier. Glad you was able to have one last visit. They say that they are in a better place, but here on earth hasn't been bad either . May they rest in peace.

Ecode70D

Mark
     My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this your time of sorrow with the passing of your Dad.
     It is good that you had a last chance to visit with him before his passing.
Jay

wildhog

Mark, Sorry for your loss,it sounds like your dad had a good life and was loved. About all a person can ask out of life. God bless. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Mark. I am really sorry to hear of your loss. He was 93 and active....that's wonderful, and it just doesn't get any better than going peacefully in your sleep. So many of us have had close ones go after lengthy suffering. Happy you had such a timely visit. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Mark, I am sorry to hear about your Dad.  I am thankful that you were able to spend that time with him, and I am sure you will cherish that memory forever.  It is a good thing to have a really good relationship with your father.  I will pray for you and your family in the coming days.  God be with you, my friend.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

I'm so sorry for your loss.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Limey57

Sorry to hear that.  Sounds like he was able to enjoy himself right to the end, but it never makes it any easier.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

Very sorry Mark....Lost my dad at age 60... 13 years ago..I think of him every day.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Mark my condolences.  Never easy.  My dad went in his sleep as well, buried on his 61st birthday in 1980.  I had just spent a week on leave with him and my mom.  First time ever he talked about the war, we drank some beers and swapped "war stories".  Went back to the ship and the following Sunday my brother called.  Hard part was I had spent an hour on the phone with him that Saturday evening.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

sprink88

I am sorry to hear that Mark.
~Chris

57AGIN

Mark:

Very sorry to hear about your Father.  I lost mine in 1971 and my Mother three years ago.  My Mother lived to 95, but her final years were not pleasant. You and your family were indeed blessed to have had so many good and happy years with your Dad.  The memories will never go away.  God Bless.

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you. May he rest in peace.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

Tough to lose your Dad, mine passed in 2007. I watched him wilt away over the course of 4 months and that was rough.
I hope when my time comes it will be similar to your Dads , I guess you can take some comfort that he went peacefully and that you got a chance to spend time with him.
Still it's never easy but time will heal . Condolences to you and your family.

6cyl57

Sorry for your loss. I have also  known the pain and sometimes a hand full of
gears and tire smoke help.

Wish you and your family the best.

Jim