News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

The TFS stuff is really nice from what I hear. I was almost going to spring for the Powerport 290's but a set of brand new (used for mock-up) Edelbrocks came up for sale and bought them instead.

Did you get the Power port 175's?

Mission is holding a 60 year anniversary this year which should be quite entertaining. You were one of the mainstays at the track through the years and I'm sure you'll be missed.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

59meteor

Randy, yes TFS Power Port 175s, and they look like jewelry to me (the wife, not so much!). I wish I would have had these heads when I was still racing the 427 in the Fairmont. When is this reunion at Mission happening? Planning on a visit to BC this summer, that sounds like fun.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

Besides the old time drags this one should be a notch up I would think.  More of an get together for all the car clubs from the metro Vancouver area. Should be well attended.

https://hhrrbc.com/121-2/
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Hey guys, hope all is well; sorry to take so long to get back to everyone, but I was a little tied up.
Yes, I do live in Fairhaven, SW of Jay, he is about 5 miles closer to the Cape than I am.
In the end, we got about 30" of snow and we lost power for about 20 hours. Fortunately, the power failed very early in the storm and I was able to start the generator before I left the house to go help plow at work.

Now, to the "tied up" part;
While plowing snow at work, I got out of the truck to clear the windshield as it was icing up. I managed to clear the drivers side and as I was going around to the passenger side, I slipped on ice that was around a storm drain, invisible under the 18"+ of snow. I heard what sounded like stalks of celery breaking and felt some pain in my ankle. My first though was, crap, I sprained my right ankle, how am I going to plow? As I went to get up, I realized my foot was facing backwards. so I crawled back to the drivers side and pulled my self up with the steering wheel and dragged my leg into the truck, thankfully I had left the drivers door open. I then called for help.
Long story short, after many x-rays and an MRI, I spent the night in the ER and went through a 3 1/2 surgery first thing the next morning. I then spent the next three day in the hospital but am home now.

I ended up breaking both my Tibia and Fibula in 5 places. The drove a Titanium rod under my knee cap down into my Tibia. They secured it up top with two screw and 5 down by the ankle.
If you look at the top pic, you can see the spiral fracture in the Fibula that they opted not to repair.
Bad news, I am out for three months.  :'(

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

abe_lugo

Tied up?? Damn sorry to hear that Cobrajoe, its good you were not plowing in the the middle of nowhere. hopefully you are able to recover OK.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

I opted to stay indoors....where it was warm...hot chocolate was plentiful and I had books to read. Only got about 14 inches here...but it landed on top of 1/4 -1/2 inch of ice left behind after a 4 hour sleet storm.
Gee Joe...maybe I should come and visit...and bring you a supply of adult beverages... :006:   :occasion14:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Well, crap, Joe. I was just sure you had gone off on one of your hunting trips......at least that was what I was hoping for. That hurts just looking at it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

That really sucks Joe, looks like I got off lucky by comparison! Kinda looking like old guys that like late 50s Fords, and ice are a bad combination. Hopefully you are back to full strength by car season.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

FiveSevenLiter

Hey Joe, you brought back memories from my fall and tib/fib break nine years ago.  I would post a couple pictures but do it want to spoil anyone's morning coffee.  I have manual brakes in my Custom 300 and could not drive it for about eight months.  Take your time with the recovery, I tried the tough guy time table and it did not speed the recovery, mind you I did go sit on the beach in Hawaii for a few weeks.
Take care, if you need a hand cleaning the carbon out of any of your cars, I will start the line up.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Ford Blue blood

Dang Joe, that really sucks!  Be sure to take the time the doc says for recovery!  I did not follow his orders and ended up extending my recovery time! 

You will soon learn just how messed up day time TV is and how mind fumblingly boring it is.  Get some books, at least they will keep the mind from going crazy because you are on the couch!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Hope you have Netflix. There are some great series on there, and you can binge watch them..........years' worth of episodes at a time with no commercials.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Thanks guys, kinda going a little stir crazy as I'm not used to being a caged animal.
The sucky part is that I can't bend my knee so my leg needs to be elevated, leaving me to the bed or the recliner.  :deadhorse:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

terry_208

Joe, you're just getting started.  How many weeks do they think it will be before you will be able to get around?  I hope you heal quickly and the pain subsides soon!
Terry

lalessi1

Wow! Joe, sorry to here about your fall. It has been a while since I have fallen, so far so good. Bruised a few ribs several years back no broken bones as of now. I can't even imagine having to deal with all that ice and snow! I hope your recovery goes well.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

oh no....! That's awful....sorry to hear about that, Joe. Such an injury is always annoying, but much more as you have your new shop next door and can't go out....I feel that. Take your time to heal and wishing you a speedy recovery ! G.