News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

I spoke to him this past weekend, he just has a lot on his plate right now.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

gasman826

13TH Crites Auction...get 'em before they are gone!!  A lot of fiberglass, steel and some OE used parts.  There are some '57 parts ('57-59 FE headers) but mostly '60s Ford stuff.  Link:   https://pritchardauctioneering.hibid.com/catalog/554789/pritchard-auctioneering-online---crites--13

terry_208

I understand about the members from the south saying they don't work on their cars in the summer.  It's  been hot here of late. I've been able to get a few minutes work each hour before retreating back into the ac.
Terry

Fairlane62

I work on em, I just loose 20lbs from sweating so much. :002:

gasman826

As a kid, I laid on ice, had rain running down my butt crack, did whatever it took to get my wreck going again.  The closest thing I had to a hoist was a bumper jack and a Model A screw jack.  A large piece of cardboard or plywood was living large.  What a premium...a slab of concrete.  NOW...the HVAC is on year round but I have energy for only a couple hours a day.

Ford Blue blood

Same for me Gary!  My dad had the "card board creeper" and there was all heck to pay if it didn't get put back in the grainery after we finished.  Never did have the luxury of a concrete pad, just old packed down gravel, until I was a "grown up"......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

I remember working on my '57 in the rain in WA state...putting a transmission/clutch in. I first dug a trench around the car for the water to flow into and then down into the sloping hillside. Had a piece of cardboard and all the incentive to focus and get it done as the temps dropped. LOL!!! Now,..concrete floor and a piece of old carpet.
Hopoing to get the new shop built and raise my lift. Current shop is too low for it.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

I was 17 and I blew the 9" rear in my '74 Bronco snowplowing; it was in January.  :winter_brr:  :winter_brr:  I drove it home with the front axle an I managed to get it up the driveway (Cobblestone) and shoveled the snow out from under and around it and then proceeded to get it up on jack stands. I then laid on a piece of carpet and pulled both axles and removed the center section. I was a little smarter when I put it back together, I borrowed a kerosene torpedo heater and then proceeded to get the worst headache I ever had.  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

But...it was a WARM headache! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

I changed the starter in my '51 V8 p/u at -20* and 4" of snow.  I parked and quickly crawled under while everything was still warm.     
Terry

mustang6984

Yep...did that on my Courier too. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do right?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Yep,I definitely appreciate concrete in my old age.  However, I still buy large unfolded boxes from Wal-Mart to lay on for comfort.  Amazing how that 1/4" of pressed paper can help.

mustang6984

check out the carpet companies. They often throw out large pieces of carpet and gotta tell ya, they are nicer than even cardboard! Carpet layers as well...I love the remnants and pull-outs.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

I'm a wuss.  I'll save all my corrugated and carpet for you guys.  I'm using a hoist or it ain't getting done!

KYBlueOval

Gary.......No garage is complete without a disco ball!
John