News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Email sent thanks Alvin.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

djfordmanjack

That worked out quickly ! Great people on here, thx Alvin !

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

I have probably posted this before, but since we were talking about Sun Records, John (KYBlueOval) shared a cool personal story with me about SUN. So here is another great artist and my personal story.

I christened my first 57 Ford SD Courier 'RED HOT' after a 1957 Sun Records Song by Billy Lee Riley, who was an extraordinary Rockabilly artist, who was also very talented as a Blues harp player. Back in 2003 I had the chance to open a DJ set before his concert, in Senigallia, Italy. After his great show I was able to meet him backstage. I had popped a wheel cover off my 57, which I had autographed by him. At first he looked at me if I was crazy, having a hubcap signed, but after I explained to him and the connection between his career, songs and the 1957 Ford wheelcover he smiled and took extra care to lay down a perfect signature. Looking back in my memory, and telling this story, it's hard to believe this ever happened....but sure did !  :003:
Billy Lee Riley, what a great Blues harp player and all around Rock'n'Roller!

Wild uptempo Blues Rocker !

Of course the wheel cover is still in my possession, I just took above photos on my kitchen cabinet.

FiveSevenLiter

Well after waiting 18-years to get my Custom 300, and then driving it for 12 more, a tough decision was made and it has left Streamline Garage and has gone over to Vancouver Island to join JD's stable.  I will miss it but still have a trio of Ford's to enjoy.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

RICH MUISE

The car may be gone, but I hope you stick around.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2024-08-01 19:27Well after waiting 18-years to get my Custom 300, and then driving it for 12 more, a tough decision was made and it has left Streamline Garage and has gone over to Vancouver Island to join JD's stable.  I will miss it but still have a trio of Ford's to enjoy.
Terry

Yea, but you can visit!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

JRD007

Thanks Terry. I will let you take it for a spin anytime. It seems to like the Island life. Cheers.
49 shoebox coupe, 390fe 4speed
57 fairlane sunliner, 312 aod
64 fairlane sports coupe, 5.0l f/inj 5 speed
66 f100, 347 stroker aod
67 ranchero, 428cj tri power c6
57 Custom 427 fe, dual 4bbl, 4 speed.

RICH MUISE

Pat Fleishman told me about a Lubbock, Tx First Saturday  Cars and Coffee at Cook's Garage, so that's where I'm headed tomorrow. 2 hr drive, so I'll leave by 6 a.m. It's from 8-10 am, so I should be out of there and home before it gets too hot. I'm having issues with my A/C that hopefully will be resolved soon. Later tomorrow is the first Sat. Amarillo meet, then my usual weekly meetup with car friends in the historical rt 66 area tomorrow night about 8ish.
My 57 has been running great except if I try to turn on the A/C. I thought it could have been a CPU issue, but I picked up 2 more, and the results have been "no change".  The engine will "stumble " when the A/C is on. A few days ago, I noticed my volt meter takes a dive when I turn on the A/C. So now I'm looking for a possible electrical problem. I've got a new connector for the compressor clutch coming in from NAPA Monday, so I'll replace it and  the 2 wires. If that doesn't cure it, I've got a new compressor to install. I've been chasing this issue for months. Both this and a resolved electrical problem I had with my taillights are non Ron Francis components of my wiring.
Next weekend is the big show and cruise in Vernon Texas. 3-500 cars usually. google "Summer's Last Blast" for info on 3 day events.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JRD007 on 2024-08-02 00:34Thanks Terry. I will let you take it for a spin anytime. It seems to like the Island life. Cheers.

John!.Terry said I could drive it too!
Seriously.... Terry, just one super fine 57.. you did an AMAZING job.... and so nice that the car is in the care of another 57 Fanatic and is in good hands.
Congrats to both of you guys.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

FiveSevenLiter

Jeff,
Slight correction.  I said you could follow my car if you could keep up.
Terry

PS. Thank you for the kind words.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

Sometime you gotta let them go.... It's unbelievable that you sold it Terry. But we all know how it goes. Time, space, funds, energy. Great to know it found a good new home ! such an awesome Custom 300 !

JRD007

Thanks Terry. It has been a great addition to the family. Since driving it I have been working alot on the 57 Convertible. His and hers. As well the Sedan Delivery moves up in the ranking for a rebuild. Cheers again John.
49 shoebox coupe, 390fe 4speed
57 fairlane sunliner, 312 aod
64 fairlane sports coupe, 5.0l f/inj 5 speed
66 f100, 347 stroker aod
67 ranchero, 428cj tri power c6
57 Custom 427 fe, dual 4bbl, 4 speed.

djfordmanjack

Flying in some amazing Bakersfield Sounds !!! Don Rich and Chaparral. live 1966. I love the live recorded version so much more than the studio version. certainly a great song and variation of the Buckaroos (Buck Owens) Theme. But there is so much going on in the live (on set) recorded version. Don has a bag of tricks going on, fancy pull offs, delayed timing, distorted notes and tone and whatnot. The fact they can pull that off, live on the TV set, in that quality and intensity.... is just mind blowing (compared to today's play back sessions).

great studio track! never get tired of cool instrumental music. Great for Cruising !

wild and alive TV version. This makes me want to step on the gas and cruise my 57 into sunset....

djfordmanjack

one more Buck song.  While people today talk about diversity, they have no clue what it means. THIS is what I think it is. How can one and the same song be sung so many different ways. that is crazy ! pure class.

my favorite version, Porter is one great MC.

what a perfect 1960s uptempo female country Rocker ! WOW !

the original. again, wow, what a sound. what a voice.

and then, a decade later...wow !!! good songs never go old. Funky WJ !