News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

abe_lugo

Poor yard art. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Ah...c'mon Joe...1 year, and you'd have it ready for Pebble beach!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Hey....it just needs a little swipe of bondo and a couple of rattle cans to be good to go!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

^^^^^^^^^
      :laughing4:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Just a shame....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

It is. The grill and one wheel cover look salvageable.
There is one outside of Sequim WA being used as a land brake near a river. Still in fair shape, has a perfect windshield, but there was o way I could ever dug it out. So...it is still there.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I swear these cars know if we are trying to sell them. Mine is finally running as it should, took it out for a drive this morning and got a flat tire!! The good news was AAA was there in 20 minutes, sure beats the heck out of the 7 1/2 hours I had to wait last October when I lost the engine.
It was a back tire, original to the rebuild with 78k miles on it, so can't complain.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Can you R&R a rear tire without disassembling the car?

RICH MUISE

235-70R-15s yes, I can, Gary, with plenty of room to spare. narrowed case (5/8 per side), discs,'56 shocks.  It took him about 5 minutes.
103* out there at noon, sure glad I was able to run the A/C while I was waiting on the service truck.

Ford Blue blood

I'm really sensitive to the "ol tire age thing" after the hey blow me up thing with the 36 and 12 year old tires!  They get to be 8 they get changed out irrespective of tread or lack of weather checking!  Don't ever want to go through that again!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

My tire didn't blow out, I got a puncture entering a construction zone. I got it right as I entered a narrowed one-lane stretch with concrete barriers on both sides, so there was no place to stop. I had to drive 1 1/2 miles on the flat to get into an area I could pull over. Surprisingly, the tire never shredded. I love my Hankooks. We have them on all 4 of our cars.

I'm trying something new this time around. Since the car has me broke, I needed to order online so I could use Paypal. A seller called Simpletire. They will be (hopefully) delivered to the local installer of my choice (Meinike). I checked with Meinike this morning before I ordered to see if this was a common practice, and he told me it is, so we'll see how this goes. I saved some $ also, and the installation will be prepaid. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

gasman826

I was very skeptical about buying a used tire from an eBay used tire dealer.  I had a ton of money in four new tires and the spare was original to the car (1965).  Since the original spare was used, old and way too small, I bought a fifth matching tire from an eBay used tire dealer.  95% tread, no repairs, no damage, guaranteed!!  $45 delivered in two days.  The tire looked perfect.  I had it mounted and balanced and it has been in the trunk for the past four years.  Would I buy four used tires and head out on VACA, maybe not but I wouldn't hesitate to shop for another spare that will likely not ever be used or one tire to replace a failed one.

Ford Blue blood

Kinda funny thing for me and spare tires.  I traveled from Va. Beach to most every corner of the U.S. East of the Mississippi in the 36.  Never had a spare.  Going to a show 60 miles away from home hit something in the road that opened the side wall of the right rear tire.  Happened right in front of a GM dealership.  Got a new tire, back on the road and finished the weekend.  Got home, got a spare, mounted it in the trunk.......never to be used to this day!  The inflation gets checked every spring during my spring check up.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

gasman826

We've Long-Hauled Hot Rod Power Tour twice and a couple other tours with no spare (or jack).  I do have air ride so I carry an air hose and a good plug kit.  If I have a complete tire failure, Summit Racing can have a new tire delivered to my hotel by 10AM the next morning.  Due to the lack of trunk space, I have considered a space saver spare.