News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Aahh yes; the joys of a fuel cell....  :002:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

Forum is open!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Yeah Hurrah !!! Back at it again, time for a loud party..... :003:

(again a Swedish band)

RICH MUISE

Happy to see the forum online again..thanks for fixing it, James!!
Gary.As mentioned above, the modern "donut" is what I use for a spare. When I used it last week,the 30+-year-old spare held up fine to get me home 15 miles. That day I found out my tires won't fit in the old wheel well anyway.
The ebay route I did this time worked out great. I ordered my Hankooks on a Monday, the tires were delivered FedEx Wednesday, had them installed by 3pm, and Meinike billed the ebay seller for installation as planned.
 I've had an issue with my oil pressure gauge showing uncomfortably low. It actually started last year with the engine I replaced. It kept getting lower and lower, so I stopped driving it this week until I could buy an oil pressure test kit. Did that yesterday, and the test gauge shows about 15 lbs higher that my in-dash gauge. That gauge uses a canister-type sending unit that some of the aftermarket gauge companies use. I'm trying to find out if that type of sending unit is interchangeable regardless of brand, as my original gauges were/are TPI, a company no longer in existence. Anybody know about those senders? Are they like a fuel level gauge that has to be matched up ohms-wise to the sender?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JRD007

Hi Rich.  From my past experience (40 years partsman ) as long as the sender matched the sweep 0-80,5-100 the sender would work. Same for water temp. We sold a lot of STW gauges to all the logging camps up here and never had a problem. Unfortunately the quality of most gauge companies have gone for a poop. Hope that helps. And thanks for getting the site back up and running.    John.
49 shoebox coupe, 390fe 4speed
57 fairlane sunliner, 312 aod
64 fairlane sports coupe, 5.0l f/inj 5 speed
66 f100, 347 stroker aod
67 ranchero, 428cj tri power c6
57 Custom 427 fe, dual 4bbl, 4 speed.

RICH MUISE

Thanks John.I did find one on ebay that matched the range and got it ordered. I'll stick the old one back on tonight and hope the new one fixes the low readings when it comes in.

Ford Blue blood

My spare for the 36 is a donut as well.  Got one that the diameter matches the rear tire size.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I apparently had another senior moment last week. I mentioned I found a correct range oil gauge sender, after I found it, I went to the garage to double-check the range, came back in, and ordered the wrong one, lol. I found that out when I was checking delivery status.
I had always wished I had an idiot light for the oil, and when I re-ordered the correct gauge, I ordered one that has two terminals..........one for the pressure range, and another one for a low pressure trigger. It'll be a simple wiring addition, as the 2nd sender terminal just completes the ground.

gasman826

Oil pressure is really important.  I have an electric gauge and light in the dash...also mechanical, liquid filled gauge on the engine.

djfordmanjack

this is just an intermission riff, please bear with me.
Play some house.
I do love the King. Bill Black ( bass) and Scotty on guitar.

but listen to that, it is so wild !

and then listen to this. Holy ****

djfordmanjack

sweet, I think that's Jimmy V's ( Stevie Rays brother) terrific 54 Ford Kustom on the record cover.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: gasman826 on 2024-08-27 14:23Oil pressure is really important.  I have an electric gauge and light in the dash...also mechanical, liquid filled gauge on the engine.
I honestly had no idea I could add an idiot light so easily. If I had one from the get-go, I may have not lost my first engine. I've got a 1/2" red LE I'll be using as a temporary until I can get a permanent one installed in the dash panel. If I end up having to replace the oil pressure gauge, I'll have Speedhut make a matching gauge with the idiot light built in, so that's the reason for the temporary.

FiveSevenLiter

Looking through my phone and see my/JD's 57 reflection on my F-1. that FE sure sounded purdy.
T/F
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Oh I do LOVE that truck!!!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Beautiful!   "Ford BIG JOB"?