News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Great to hear she's getting better, hope you're taking care of yourself. I know from personal experience how one tends to focus on the spouse/kids/parents and before you know it you are physically whipped. And then you're not good when they need you.

ZAP- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Well, we finally got our first frost of the season and couple of days with temps in the low forties. probably one maybe two more mowings before the year is out.ow off to a couple of building centers to see what heater registers they carry so  can continue laying hardwood floor in the front and dining room.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-11-10 19:37
Great to hear she's getting better, hope you're taking care of yourself. I know from personal experience how one tends to focus on the spouse/kids/parents and before you know it you are physically whipped. And then you're not good when they need you.

ZAP- :unitedstates:
Tell me about it, I have two 93 year old parents.....
I still have a hallway to do with hardwood, been saving it as a rainy day project but it really hasn't rained enough in a couple of years here. Then I'll have to find a new excuse  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

A little camping? 57 & 58.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Cool pics, Lorne...thanks. That first pic....simplicity sure wasn't a feature was it? At first I thought it was a rowboat dangling off the side, then realized it was the cover..pretty complicated for such a small tent.
Maybe the cover also did double duty as a rowboat?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

I thought it was a boat but I guess that isn't a drain hole on the keel. Best wishes for your wife Rich.

RICH MUISE

Wife is doing great...got to take her home today. Doc says at least three weeks home before going back to work.
Just for grins it would be interesting to know the details on the boat/cover/?

LAUDY57

Great for your wife to be home after her ordeal, being home again is special after spending time away like that.
I found that pic on a vintage trailer site and then on http://www.strangeracer.com/content/item/185968.html
as well.

jseth83

Rich, very glad to hear your wife is doing better!   Lorne, I love those camper pics!
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Limey57

Cancer....... don't be afraid of it, but don't ignore it. No, I don't have it, but just a cautionary tale:

Round here, women UNDER the screening age of 50 were offered free breast screening, not everyone, but some were selected at random and offered screening. My wife (46 y/o) received a letter and wasn't sure whether to bother "nothing wrong with these" she said as she wobbled them round laughing. She decided to go and it was the most painful thing she's done (they basically clamp and squash the breast between two plates for a mammogram), she was told she'd be notified by letter of the result. But she's under 50 and healthy so what's to worry about?

Last Friday she got a letter telling her she needed to go for further tests, at that point every good thing in our life kind of stopped as we all assumed the worse. With an appointment on the Wednesday the weekend dragged and Tuesday night was the lowest point I've ever seen her reach. Wednesday came and after three hours at hospital (another mammogram and an ultrasound) we were given the news that the abnormality was a benign cyst and wasn't cancer.

There is no moral or conclusion to this, but we all think we're invincible and we're not. If anyone thinks they've got something wrong, get it checked out. If you get offered any sort of check, take it up. We're only here once, so try and make it a long stay.  Most people know someone who has/has had cancer, if you have any doubts, get it checked out.  Please.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

djfordmanjack

how about some more camping and station wagon living with these two beauties ?
FSWL Part 1 and 2, 1957 and 58 respectively.

canadian_ranchero

ford also put one out in 1959

RICH MUISE

There's some real nostalgia there...thanks for posting DJ...brings back memories of when life seemed simpler.
Speaking of station wagons....had a frustrating day with my daily driver. About 5 months ago I sold my trusted Grand Cherokee I had for 11 years. I was tired of the bad gas mileage and it got up over 200k miles, so time for something else. I bought a 2005 Subaru Outback. They've always had a good reputation for reliablity, good gas mileage (I average about 30), and it's a wagon with AWD. The one I found was a one owner very clean car with only 72K. I've been having intermitent problems with the ignition for a few months...50% of the time I get nothing when I turn the key, have to turn it to the start position 2-5 times sometimes before the solinoid/starter kick in. I had a recall on the Subaru last week, so I had them look at it. They had it all day, claimed they couldn't get it to malfunction so they could determine the problem. They were guessing it was the ignition switch, but just a guess. The part is 47 bucks, 230 labor to replace it, but I'd still have to pay for it even if that wasn't the problem. I picked it up unrepaired, and since they told me it would be 10 days before they could get the switch in, I ordered one from Auto Zone..had it in 2 days. Beautiful weather today, so a good day to get it done. It took about 1/2 hour to get the old switch out, but the new switch was not the correct one. remember...230. labor, and it only took me a half hour to figure how to get the old one out, another 10 minutes to reassemble). I returned the switch to Auto ZOne, and before I put the old one back in I took it apart for a look. Everything looked good, no broken or missing springs, contact pieces looked clean,. I did a continuity check on the 5 lugs and it appears to be working correctly..I even clicked the switch on and off 8 or 10 times and everytime I hit the start position, I got continuity on 4 of the 5 lugs...I'm reasoning that the one with no continuity to the other 4 is the ground. Any ideas??
For the 280 the dealer wanted to replace the ignition switch, I can replace that, the starter relay, the neutral switch, and the starter/solenoid. The only other thing it may be that I'm aware of is the crankshaft position sensor. The battery and cables are in good shape..I did remove the cables and clean them.
In the key switch assy, there is a key recognition switch that recognizes the physical presence of a key. I think I've eliminated that as a potential problem, because when the car is in the I-ain't-gonna-start mode, the power windows work, which I'm told they won't if the key recognition switch is bad.

Lucky'57

Rich -  Even though you can get the windows working in the "no start mode" you might want to confirm that all of the ignition keys were reflashed to work with the ECU. Could be the PO had it changed out at some point. I assume this happens on the one key or do you have a spare that does the same?

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RICH MUISE

My keys don't have chips in them, which I think is odd for a 2005. There are different ignition systems on the '05's depending on accesories like remote start, etc., one has chips, the other doesn't. The Subaru dealership here leaves alot to be desired...I get alot of blank stares when I ask questions. They don't stock much in the way of parts either. I suspect the auto Zones, etc. aren't gonna be real big on Subaru parts inventory either...may mean I don't hang on to this car too long.