News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

pepfalcon

sorry to hear about your wife, rich. i hope she gets over this soon.

Zapato

Rich, glad to hear they're taking good care of your wife, be sure to take care of yourself she'll need you well.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Rich my prayers for your wife.  I know what it is like given my wife has/continues to have several medical issues, none debilitating but requiring time and attention.

I too use the VA.  Never had a problem with them, never been sick either, (hope I never have to find out just how good/bad they are), but I love the same visit lab results, phone-in script and the same primary care doctor over the years.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Limey57

Sorry to hear about your wife Rich, a friend of ours had pneumonia last year and while it doesn't get classed as serious as it used to be years ago, it is still very nasty and she'll be weak for a while after.  Its times like this when you realise just how damn important doctors and nurses really are, kinda make politicians look irrelevant at times like this.

On another note, I got up this morning to be greeted by the first ground frost....  Cars white over, gone by around 10.30am, but its sure turned cold.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

jseth83

Rich, sorry to hear about your wife.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

jseth83

This picture is actually from last year, but I thought y'all would appreciate it.  She is my little helper.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

BP57CUSTOM

YeeHaa !!!  We won ! , There is hope for this country after all. Now if we can find someone to run for president for 2016?
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

SkylinerRon

When Maryland elects a Republican Governor you know the country is fed up w/democrat B/S!

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for all the get well wishes! My wife did a 180 yesterday afternoon after a very scary and emotional morning. They were finally able to get a substantial amount of fluid drained from her left lung and she is now in a whole lot less pain and breathing easier. The best part of the second proceedure they did is, it now looks like option #3 will not be necessary. They may have to repeat what they did yesterday once or twice more, but it's working. Neither of us have had pneumonia before and we had no idea how bad it can get if left untreated.
The VA hospital here doesn't get into those type of lung proceedures, so they transfered her to one of the big hospitals here for the proceedures. Once they get her lungs cleared and stabilized, she'll be transfered back to the VA for actual treatment of the pneumonia. Looks like another week or two, but at least now all their efforts are paying off. Thanks again guys for the concern and prayers.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Thats good news Rich, I hope she continues to improve. Did she ever get a pneumonia shot in the past? They always try to give me one put I haven't done it yet, maybe I should reconsider, I don't know how effective they are.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lucky'57

Saying a little prayer over here for you guys Rich, hope it all goes well.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RICH MUISE

Thanks guys.....I came home tonight to feed the animals, then back to the hospital. She is finally doing really well after a few more rough days. The head doctor cleared her to be moved out of ICU to a regular room, but he wants her to stay at his hospital for a few more days so he can keep an eye on her progress before he releases her back to the VA hospital. It sure is a huge relief knowing the VA is footing the bill for her entire stay at Northwest..I don't even want to think what 6 days in ICU costs. She had her 4th catscan today....that alone would keep me broke for the next 10 years.

57 imposter

After months of frustration, I appear to be back on line. just a suggestion to all of the non techies out there, if anyone tries to sell you anything with windows 8. run as far and as fast as you can. My new lap top locked me put so completely, that I had to take it to a repair guy who had to wipe everything out and return the thing to factory default settings. I asked him if Windows 8 was as big a P.O.S. as I thought it was and he said " well it's been really good for me" His shop was full of computers to be straightened out. Even after he "fixed" it I couldn't get stuff loaded and have been fighting it for a couple of months. I installed Google Chrome and I think I will finally be able to work with it. At least I was able to get back on this page again. catching up on my reading, Rich, hopefully the worst of your wife's issues are behind her, I know that stuff can be pretty serious.

JPotter57

I'm with you, I hate windows 8.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Wife had a great day. They finally had a room available in the main hospital tonight, so we're now in a regular room, but that's a good thing except no recliners for me. Anyway...84 degrees here today, just a beautiful day, but the cold front that has probably already hit most of you guys will be in N. Texas tonight, and we were told to expect 19 degrees in the morning. I came home for a few minutews to get the furnace turned on and grab a winter coat.