News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

had same problem years ago old oddball stove wired in a regular wall light switch till right part was found and just like the heaters in our cars they only fail when you really need them.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

going to drink my morning cup of Chai and then mow my lawn, its been just warm enough to grow and don't dare miss the chance to mow it or it will be hell to pay by the time we get another dry spell.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Go figure...it's snowing here in Texas.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Wierd weather here. we had early light freezes but it has been so warm for so long the grass is green and growing and some of the flowers are blooming. It has rained 3" plus in the last three days but the sun is supposed to be coming out soon, still no freezing temps in the next few days. Watching college football today. Love household repairs...the "green" thermostat wire was blue... literally ran the AC a bit to kill the damp feeling.
Lynn

Limey57

Our lawn is currently under 6 inches of (frozen solid) snow, my lawnmower hibernates from October through to May!!!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

I have a love-hate relationship with my lawnmower.... :002:
Lynn

Limey57

Green concrete, its the future for low maintenance gardens!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

My neighbors have some plastic grass. In the summer I need to cut mine every 4 or 5 days so the lawnmower can deal with it. Green concrete sounds like a plan.... BUT if I move it will be further south!!!!  :003:
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

got my garage furnace fixed.new circuit board,and you do not want to know what it cost :005:

Zapato

since we're on major appliances, any of you guys ever install a water filtration system?

Zapato

lalessi1

I have a modest professional history in public drinking water. I might be of some assistance....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

HaHa...is this a great site or what??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Here goes, we have very hard water spots everything that gets washed. drinking glasses look like hell no matter what we add to the wash. Can't wash the wife's  daily driver without a lot of work, white spots not a good look on a black car. Had a Costco vendor out and it was almost 6 bills and he really blew it as he was flipping his sales binder there was a price for the system of just under $1200. now figure 100 for permit even say a bill for the plumber and another hundred or so for piping. Now don't mind paying a fair amount but over $3500 in profit seems a bit steep.

doesn't look like its any more work than any past plumbing jobs I've tackled so tell me what I really should be looking for in a system.

Zapato

lalessi1

I am assuming you are on a private well. Have you had your water analyzed? What minerals are you trying to remove and have you tried anything yet. I work for the state rural water association. I am pretty sure I can point you in the right direction, it is not my specific area but I can ask around with more specifics.
Lynn

Zapato

On city water, will see about getting water tested next week. Fridge water is filtered and tastes great and leaves no residue in coffee maker. Rest of water in house unfiltered and spots/stains everything white. Couple years back we went with black fixtures in the guest bath. Toilet bowl now looks like a ZEBRA and nothing we've tried has managed to take it off. Replaced sink a couple weeks ago to a white one in black cabinet and want to resolve issue before replacing toilet. Our water may well be well sourced but its provided by the local PUD.

Guess we were spoiled by the water from the Bull Run Reservoir clean crisp no aftertaste water. Now not so good and drinking classes get a ''frosted'' look in less than a year.

Well aware that over half the world would love to have our water and it may be nit-picking on my part but I really would like clean, crisp water without aftertaste.

Zapato