News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Community water systems are required by federal law to disclose the contents of your drinking water. it is probably published online somewhere. They would be a starting place. Hard water has high mineral content, typically calcium, iron, magnesium and the water system people should be able to tell you what type of water softener/filter would be the best choice. Here we have the opposite issue, people from out of the area complain they can't rinse soap off because our well water is extremely "soft". I looked online and whole home softeners at Sears are under $500. Let me know what you find out.
Lynn

jumping jack flash

Zap, your fridge has a charcoal filter.It wouldn't be that tough to put in a whole house filter. You would have to change it out ( the element) most likely every month or so. I live in the TX hill country, and have limestone for a lawn. My well is 430 feet deep and the first 20 feet was solid rock. I wash my dishes in bleach about every other month to keep them looking good. I hand wash them, cause I hate the poor performance my dishwasher gives. Why me instead of the Mrs.? I'm retired and she gets home at dark. Besides I'm pretty anal when I get a glass of tea and there is spots on it.....Cost of a whole house filter wouldn't be that bad and I know you can do it yourself.. I don't have a filter except for my drinking water, and half the time I use the tap water anyway...so I get spots too. Maybe I should put one in too.

canadian_ranchero

now my air compresser quit working.it is almost like the garage gremlins do not want me to work on my 57  :005:

RICH MUISE

Maybe the Gremlins were just getting in their last licks for the year..Yeah, things always seem to come in bunches, don't they? LOL...I am trying to get my 4.6 up and running before you do (since I had a 2 year head start), but I had nothing to do with it, honest!!
This Morning Coffee thread went over 20K views this morning. The only one ahead of it now is your post in the 4.6 4cam
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

A lo t of the early truck guys are using the CV front ends. One guy is decided to put the whole 1960 truck body on a 2003 CV police interceptor chassis and only had this much wiring left over. I wish I was young enough to tackle such a project, I'd like to try it on my panel.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

I wonder if he got the Check Engine light to shut off ??   :002:

RICH MUISE

I'm no spring chicken..68! As we speak (or type), one of the projects going on in my friends hot rod shop is a 61 F100. They've put in a CV front end you mentioned, and has most of the 5.0 all wired up, just about ready for the sheetmetal re-installation and the final wiring. That CV front end looks like it was made for that truck. It makes the motor mounts and exhaust a snap also, as they obviously were a package.
A lot of the local guys are using the irs suspensions in the mid 50's pickups as well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jumping jack flash

Yep, Now my compressor went out. Must be something in the air.

hiball3985

You guys are making me nervous  :003: my compressor ( Craftsman ) is about 35 years old..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

I'm up there with you Rich, will be 68 in March. The wear and tear over the years is really starting to show, the 57 will be my last auto project... But I said that three cars ago too..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

We had an unusual cold snap the last few days with snow in some lower elevation areas. Should be back to the 70's next week.

I braved the cold to watch the B2 bombers circling above the house before heading for the Rose Parade..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 imposter

Petew............if you eliminated the EGR without installing an EGR eliminator, your light will stay on for ever. They are available from the Detail zone and are not expensive.

Limey57

Just noticed this on a news site, incredible, 63 T-Bird turn signal found in mans arm.  I'm tempted not to believe it but it sounds believable:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11322235/Driver-finds-car-part-embedded-in-arm-51-years-after-road-accident.html
Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

It is true. It made national news here if you can believe that!
Lynn

hiball3985

That's amazing. I guess it could have ended up in a worst place  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang