News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

electric wipers

Started by pat300, 2014-01-09 12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Pat300:

I bought a 2-speed electric wiper motor from Concours Parts, back in 2002 for $185.  I has worked well for the last 12 years, although it is pretty rare to get caught in the rain in Southern Calif.

Bob
57 AGIN

sprink88

I thought I had heard a 60's truck wiper motor bolts in too? Is that true?
~Chris

Limey57

Okay, more wiper questions so I'll add it to this thread seeing as it's relevant.

I was going to use a Lucas wiper motor and rack/spindle system, but that will involve finding somewhere else to mount the motor (under the dashboard probably).  I don't want to have a blanking plate covering the original wiper motor holes, so I'm still looking at the 57 C***y set-up, so a few questions:

The original Ranchero system uses pulleys and cables, do these hook up to the C***y motor, or do you use the C***y wiper system as well?

Does the system self-park?

Are the motors available with twin-speeds (it rains here a lot.....)?

Thanks
Gary

1957 Ranchero

BWhitmore

I recommend the Newport Engineering set up.  It is two speed, bolts right up to the 57 Ranchero stock system and an option can be ordered with a delay switch.  They also self park.  The base set up is $209.  I have this system on my Ranchero and it works great (I do not have the delay).  You can also order a switch extension shaft that allows you to use the stock 57 wiper knob.

hiball3985

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-02-01 15:25
Okay, more wiper questions so I'll add it to this thread seeing as it's relevant.

I was going to use a Lucas wiper motor and rack/spindle system, but that will involve finding somewhere else to mount the motor (under the dashboard probably).  I don't want to have a blanking plate covering the original wiper motor holes, so I'm still looking at the 57 C***y set-up, so a few questions:

The original Ranchero system uses pulleys and cables, do these hook up to the C***y motor, or do you use the C***y wiper system as well?

Does the system self-park?

Are the motors available with twin-speeds (it rains here a lot.....)?

Thanks
It's an easy bolt on 2 screws and you have to add a hot wire everything else remains the same. It's two speed and self parks..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang