News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

This is what I hope to be driving in 2014

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-01-16 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Here are a few pictures of my car that I hope to be driving in the summer of 2014.  It's been a veeerrry looong time getting to this point.   I do not consider this to be a restored car.  IMO it's just a fixed up car.

Zapato

Looks great! IMHO the best looking 57 body and trim package produced.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Absolutely beautiful Jay! Unmolested ones are my favorites but where are your FORD letters in the front?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
       I did a thorough inspection of  that panel both inside and out and it does not have any repairs on it.  There is no welding and nothing is filled in.

Jeff was wondering about it also when he was here in Mass checking out the car. 
   We concluded that either it's a replacement and your supposed to put your own letters on it or that's the way some cars came.

I have no answer to that one and have never seen another one like it.
     Maybe some of our guys know more about it and can enlighten us for sure.   Jay   

RICH MUISE

Car looks awesome Jay, you've done a fantastic job with it. Spring will be here before you know it...heck, I see all your snow is already gone.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
     We had a heat wave for a few days with temps in the 40's and most of the snow is gone except for places where it had been plowed into piles.  I took advantage of it and got to drive around the property.
      You know what they say about NE weather... Stick around for a few minutes and it will change.   

Limey57

Looks nice and straight, I'd find room for that in the garage.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hotroddonnie

Jay when you say "hope to be driving it this summer" is the car not ready? it looks ready to me. Spoke with Jeff about your car, it being an Ecode do you know how many were built? Just wondering how rare it is. HRD.

Ecode70D

Donnie
    It only has a few small things that have to be done like.
        Make a new drive shaft
         Install the rear sway bar.
           Install correct 57 Ford rims after I complete my set.
            Tweak an exhaust pipe that's touching the frame sometimes.
      There is nothing seriously wrong that will keep me from getting out in the spring.
      I supposed that it's not that rare, there other Ecodes on this site.
       Actually I could drive it the way it is right now.

hotroddonnie

I thought it might be on the rare side Jay, I was checking out the internet for a bit just to see, still looking. HRD

RICH MUISE

Donnie, The extreme rarity with Jays' is the combination of the E-code and the 70D business coupe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

6cyl57

that is a fine looking ride. I like that body trim the best also.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-16 15:38
Donnie, The extreme rarity with Jays' is the combination of the E-code and the 70D business coupe.
That's why I asked how many were produced.

rmk57

My favorite colours in the Custom series is either black or white, your car looks great.
I would think the header panel is a replacement, leaving it to the owner for the FORD or Fairlane letter placement.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

fordaholic

Love your car Jay. Wish I was as close as you are to finishing my ride. For what it`s worth; I have a 70D that was built in the LA plant. It has all it`s original panels and never been apart until I got at it and it  did come with the factory FORD letters up front. If it`s not too much trouble I sure would like to get your email address and talk to you about some of the small unique interior details of the 70D.   Cheers  Gary  estaterc@sympatico.ca