News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth???????????????

Started by Amblewagon, 2008-01-07 16:43

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

if ya want my opinion ithink he's in money trouble, little one horse business like his don't usually have health insurence and with his wifes medical problems now his , i wouldn't be surprise if he's taking our money to get medical bills paid off and creditors off his back. bad business pratice , but i've seen it before , robbing peter to pay paul.

Amblewagon

I think your 100% right on that.I did file with the BBB over two weeks ago still NO PARTS.This is what you get for being nice and understanding these days.HAGD
Joe

wolfpupsdad

hang in there joe, if he comes threw with you like he did with me , you'll get your stuff , a few pieces at a time. took me almost a year after i order it til i got everything.
i almost made a trip out there and parked myself on his door step with the wifex appproval, lol

KidKourier

I still like the idea of a bolt in rack/pinion kit so I went to Rick Wurth's web site to see if there was any up dates on his site, there wasn't any new information on his status! So I called the number listed(970-434-7123) SURPRISE, it's been disconnected. Then I called 411 for information on a possible number change, no number of any kind for Rick or his business. So is he out of business, taking a break due to his medical condition, or has he passed away? Any body out there got any inside info? Do any of you still have the instructions that came with the kit showing how to install it?  If so,please get in touch with me as I would like to see if I could duplicate it for my own kit for my Courier, It has a rack installed but has so much bumpstear that it get's scary sometimes.If anybody has any suggestions as to a kit you've used or recommend I,m open. The rack hangs below the engine crossmember and the arms go up at an angle insted of being level with the rack.  Thanks for any help, I don't like the idea of cutting off the frame and adding a stub to the front (Fatman's) so I may have to go with a system from Heights or Scotts. Thanks SKIP

Amblewagon

Well that blows,I looked back at my credit card bill and it wasn't 1500.00 like I thought it was 2200.00 now I'm really pissed,I'm ready to drive to Colorado and start knocking on doors.Skip if you lived closer you could copy what I have,I think I have the instructions I look when I get some time.
Joe

wolfpupsdad

that does suck joe. if your with in 120 days from your purchase date you can get a charge back on your credit card. and if not then ya might think about getting a lawyer and everyone still missing parts or not even there kits, file a law suit.
personally i like the idea of making a trip and parking myselfon his door step, which idid think about , then all my parts showed up on my doorstep. ido have his address from the shipping label if ya need it joe.
  bill

KidKourier

Thanks Joe! If you find them and  could shoot me a copy I'd appriciate it, there might be enough info to fab up a kit for my 57. If not , I'll go to Plan B ??? or throw on a pair of Depends and drive her any ways(ooh,E-ticket ride all the way,LOL).  Thanks again for your help and good luck to all that are still waiting for parts!  SKIP

cool57

Maybe some of the talented guys on this board will come up with a R&P design, or bracket patterns and parts list?

fordub

HI Guys,
I have a manufacturing company in Placerville California. A real company in business for 17 years. we make all sorts of products mostly in the Automation industries. You can check us out at  www.technavibes.com  and my other company www.highnoonproducts.com . Also I belong to the Thunderbolts in Sacramento the Oldest continuous meeting hot rod club in the nation 63 years now. I do the website for them and you can check out my 58 at www.capitolautoclub.com I am currently working on a kit for my 57 Ranch Wagon which once I have patterns can be reproduced quite easily. If anybody has info on the rack Rick used or anything else that can be helpful I would certainly appreciate it. If not there is no worries it will just take a little longer. Once I have it done I will post pics on the web and pricing. I am sure my prices will be less than Ricks as I am a real manufacturer. Also I would never bill a crredit card until the order was sent. I believe that is an illegal practice (very least unethical}. Let me know your thoughts if anybody would like me to persue this for them.
My info is on my all of my websites
Dub

bagboy

Hi all, I have had bad luck with GEARHEADS CRUSIER PRODUCTS,and Rick Wurth saved my bacon.While I belive GEARHEADS are a stone cold ripoff,Rick is not.My wagon drives good.I will mail a letter to him.

cool57

Quote from: fordub on 2008-01-29 10:42
HI Guys,
I have a manufacturing company in Placerville California. A real company in business for 17 years. we make all sorts of products mostly in the Automation industries. You can check us out at  www.technavibes.com  and my other company www.highnoonproducts.com . Also I belong to the Thunderbolts in Sacramento the Oldest continuous meeting hot rod club in the nation 63 years now. I do the website for them and you can check out my 58 at www.capitolautoclub.com I am currently working on a kit for my 57 Ranch Wagon which once I have patterns can be reproduced quite easily. If anybody has info on the rack Rick used or anything else that can be helpful I would certainly appreciate it. If not there is no worries it will just take a little longer. Once I have it done I will post pics on the web and pricing. I am sure my prices will be less than Ricks as I am a real manufacturer. Also I would never bill a crredit card until the order was sent. I believe that is an illegal practice (very least unethical}. Let me know your thoughts if anybody would like me to persue this for them.
My info is on my all of my websites
Dub

Sunchero is really cool! what's the story on it's build?

fordub

I found the Ranchero at one of my employees uncles house and thought it was cool so I gave him 1500 bucks and if went downhill from there. while replacing some rust with some patch panels I just got a wild hair and cut the roof off of it. I really didn't even know how I was going to finish off the roof but then I found a convertible windshield frame and stainless. Piece of cake. 428 Police intercepter tubbed rear end, just -can't -seem -to -stop- spending-must-stop-soon  NAAHH

cool57

Quote from: fordub on 2008-01-29 15:01
I found the Ranchero at one of my employees uncles house and thought it was cool so I gave him 1500 bucks and if went downhill from there. while replacing some rust with some patch panels I just got a wild hair and cut the roof off of it. I really didn't even know how I was going to finish off the roof but then I found a convertible windshield frame and stainless. Piece of cake. 428 Police intercepter tubbed rear end, just -can't -seem -to -stop- spending-must-stop-soon  NAAHH

More pics!!

dgasman

The rack that is used is a center steer Cavalier rack late 80s mid 90s . The napa part # for these racks are NRP 22140 and NRP 22108 . the price range is about $114 to $157. This is a very easy kit to replicate .

That is a real nice 58 you have there
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Amblewagon

Well the BBB didn't work,they got no response from Mr Wurth,so now it looks like I have to spend more money (lawyer)to try to get back the money I already spent,all because some dip stick didn't have proper insurance I'm aussuming.Man I'm besides my self,car guys are supposed to be cool.
Joe