News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Polo shirt w/profile of '57 Fairlane

Started by ROKuberski, 2014-06-18 18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

Does anyone know of a source for a polo shirt with a side view or 3/4 view of a '57 Fairlane (something like my avatar?)

I am not looking for a screen print on a tee shirt, but a quality embroidery on a nice shirt.

I've looked on the internet and can't find one.  I've also talked to a place that can make them, but low quantities are not cheap.

Thanks,

Rich

RICH MUISE

Hey Rich...'been a long time ....if you ever find one let us know. I think we need a '57Fordsforever tee also.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Got thinking about this this morning, and actually I'm not sure what you're looking for as far as the process used to produce it. I know you said embroidery, but is that what your actually looking for?...the Fairlane image actually sewn?
I guess in these modern days (do I sound like an old timer?), they could computer generate a program from a photo to run a digital controled embroidery machine. I would imagine that "tooling" charge has got to be in the mid hundreds, making a handful of shirts expensive.
I've got a friend who use to run a biker gear/clothing shop...I'll see what he knows.

JPotter57

Rich, get on Norwell about the 57 Fords Forever tee...he's working on it in between paying gigs...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

junior58

If it helps to know how much demand there would be for the 57 t-shirt, put me down for 2.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

ROKuberski

From what I am hearing so far is that no one is aware of a place to get a shirt like I want.

As I said below, what I am wanting is an image that is sewn on the shirt, a quality Polo type shirt.  I don't want a silk screened tee shirt. 

I bought one for my Corvette, but that came from one of the parts suppliers and that shirt cost me about $50.  It's a nice shirt.  I was hoping to find one for the '57 Fairlane too.

I also belong to a radio club and we sent our club logo to someone that converted it to the special type of file that the computerized sewing machines need.  That was about 3 years ago and we paid about $40 for that service.  There is also a lady we found here in the Denver that did the sewing on our shirts for a fee of $5.00 plus $1.00 to add your name.  The radio club logo is very simple and I think to do an image of a car will cost more.

I've left a message with her, but she has not returned it yet.  She would let you choose up to 4 colors to use on that logo.  For the car, I would guess that you would also be able to choose the color of your car (or close to it).  The picture I have attached is one that was done in black and gold, I had another one in 3 colors, but don't have a picture of it.

If she is still in business, her prices will likely still be pretty good.  The kicker is that one image will have to be chosen and then that converted to the special file she needs.  That cost will need to be shared by a group to keep the price down.  We let the club pay to create the file then members could contact her directly and get their shirts.

I don't think a sewn on image will have as much detail as a silk screened image.  I don't think that little things like door handles will show, perhaps not as much detail as you might like in a grill or other little items.  I would propose an image like my avatar or the image I have below.  All background stuff would be cleaned out.

I will explore the costs and report back when I have something.

Rich

RICH MUISE

Rich...It'll be interesting to see what initial costs are. I wouldn't mind chipping in for the up front costs. Hopefully that cost would be reasonable enough to not be limited to that one image. As a Custom owner, my obvious preference would be for that, as I'm sure the Ranchero and convert. owners would have those preferences as well. It would also be neat if we had the option of sending them the shirts we wanted embroidered.
I've found next to nothing available for '57 shirts, so with the above said, anything...embroidery or screen.. would be something we don't have now. I'm with you on the quality of the shirts...I'm not real crazy about just a tee. The goodguys shirts I buy occationally are a nice quality Henly style (buttons) tee..I like much better than just a plain tee..wish they had pockets though, and as you mentioned a polo would be good also.
James...LOL..sure,heap that on me..I'm not going to be the one to cause him to start avoiding us...I'm very anxious to see what he comes up with though. I'm sure it's gonna be great, and I hope he has his signature big on it. When he does get it finished, be sure to let us all know what's going on so we can chip in with any up-front costs. That will be so cool having a '57fordforever shirt. I hope it's got the .com also

ROKuberski

Each image will require the creation of a file that can be used by the computerized sewing machine.  Lets wait and see what that cost will be. 

Rich

57AGIN

Guys:

Out here on the Left Coast we have a T-Shirt vendor that comes to car shows and using a photo of your car enlarges it on his equipment at the show and for $20.00 puts that image on the front or back of a T-Shirt he provides.  For $25.00 he puts the photo on both the front and back of the T-Shirt.  If I can find his information I will post it up on our site.  I'm trying to get him to come to the Wings, Wheels, Rotors & Expo show that Rick and I coordinate the "Wheels" portion thereof.  I have no idea whether he would be willing to mail the shirts he does out of the area, but it sure would be a good way for him to increase his business.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

funny YOU should mention that...I was thinking your's or Rick's would be perfect for the embroidered Custom version.

sprink88

There is a guy up here that has a polo shirt with a 57 embroidered on it. 3/4 image. I have not seen him yet at car shows, but saw him quite a bit last year. A red and white 2dr like yours in your avatar. But more of the front too. I am sure he got it custom made.
~Chris

sprink88

Just a quick search on the google, I had also found, you can upload an image of your own car and get it done, embroidered, for 25-35 bucks a shirt, at various places.
~Chris

ROKuberski

Chris,

How about a link to his website?

Rich

RICH MUISE

I googled also, the only places I found were apparently just doing the logos on/over the pockets in the front..couldn't find any doing, or even showing, a full size back of shirt embroidery....so hopefully Chris has a link to one he's found. I found out from my friend there are apparently a 1/2 dozen or so places around Amarillo thay can do it..including the ex-wife of another of his garage buddies. I'll see what I can find out this week or next..I've got to do a little restoration work on a statue on a Veteran's parade float this week, so not sure when I can get to it...besides I may be up in your neck of the woods Friday for NSRA show in Pueblo.

sprink88

Yep.  I had trouble posting last night at midnight.  Server wasn't found.  I WILL be posting them as soon as I get home.  Links are on my laptop.
~Chris