News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

front bumper brackets

Started by 57 imposter, 2015-08-28 14:28

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

does anyone have a picture of what front bumper mounting brackets for a custom should look like? The ones I have aren't even close to fitting.

lalessi1

I am thinking those may be the rears? Here is a quick shot (in the dark) of mine fresh off the car..... I will take better pics tomorrow.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Yours are definetly wrong, Doug. As lynn said, maybe they are the rears?? I'm just installing mine.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 imposter

Ill look forward to the better pictures of the front brackets. The rear bracket I have is a 3 piece bracket with two curved end pieces and a long center piece that connects to both sides. If that makes any sense.. I slipped it into the rear bumper and it seems to fit and all the mounting holes are close to being right. I will take the two outside front brackets the match them to the rear outside brackets. I may have a mismatched mess here. I am going to take the bumpers for chrome next week and ,for some reason just checking the brackets seemed like a good idea. On the plus side, all the stainless is headed to a restorer today and I hired a young man to block the car and paint it. every time one of my friends has tried to do this, it has been a disaster but this guy has shown up every evening and is making great progress in a rather short amount of time and I expect the car to be in paint by the end of Sept. I sold my uni-body so that really is helping with the budget issues. man, these things really can eat up the cash but since this is my eighth ,and last, build i am not sure why that continues to surprise me.   

RICH MUISE

Each of the 4 main front brackets will be stamped with big numbers...001, 002, 003, 004

lalessi1

Here is a picture of the brackets.
Lynn

57 imposter

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2015-08-29 10:38
Here is a picture of the brackets.
Thanks for the good picture.  I didn't realize the outside bracket was separate.  with some cutting, hacking and fabbing I might be able to make these work but will try and find the correct brackets.   Thanks again

RICH MUISE

They are all seperate, Lynn. even though the two big ones look like they might be attached to one another where they bolt up to the frame, they are seperate.

opps! Doug, not Lynn

Limey57

I asked the same question a while ago, turned out mine were badly bent, but the thread shows the difference between front & rear:

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=3145.msg18607#msg18607
Gary

1957 Ranchero