News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero build

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-09-12 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Thanks Mark.  Right now I'm back to the "dirty" work.  Welding up the holes in the fire wall.  They are all going to go bye-bye except the master cylinder and the throttle.  It is much easier to add holes if needed then to try to "cover or fill" after the paint is on!  Car up on stands again for rear removal, dirt and under coating scraping and replacement.

Had family in for a few days so it slows stuff down.  Have all the stuff I put in to test and fit pulled out and sitting on the side lines waiting for final cleaning and fire wall paint. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Looking very very nice Bill.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

It is coming along Jeff, slow as I'm sure you know.  Life has a way of doing things to time....now having said that, I did get the many holes in the fire wall welded up.  One day making plugs (mindless work) and fitting them.  Next is scrubbing it down with mineral spirits and stainless steel wool, sanding and a skim coat of "surface leveler" and more sanding....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Been making a little progress.  Put the first coat of primer on and spent the afternoon sanding, still have 1/3rd to finish before the next coat goes on.  Too many bends and crooks and crevices to go around.

Did get the front of the engine fitted.  Did not like the stock Ford AC mount, just a big ugly cast iron piece of junk....so into the six pack engineering mode and built one that sets it where I want it to be.  Made the mount for the G3 Ford alternator as well.  Next is sand blast and powder coat them.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Impressive work on those brackets, Bill. That engine is looking great.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2016-04-05 22:29
It is coming along Jeff, slow as I'm sure you know.  Life has a way of doing things to time....now having said that, I did get the many holes in the fire wall welded up.  One day making plugs (mindless work) and fitting them.  Next is scrubbing it down with mineral spirits and stainless steel wool, sanding and a skim coat of "surface leveler" and more sanding....

I certainly do Bill....I certainly do. Bracketry looks great Bill.......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, wish I had a TIG so I could have done them with aluminum.....did put some shiny stuff on yesterday afternoon.  Now put some of the stuff back on the fire wall and continue with making the engine ready to fire.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

JPotter57

Nice work on the front dress Bill.  I second you on the TIG, that is a skill I plan to work at as soon as I can score a decent machine.  I like the firewall work also, looking great.  What is the final color going to be, black?I am going to redo my firewall as soon as I pull the Cleveland out.  I only have 3 small holes to fill, then redo the chassis black on the firewall.  I had considered doing it red, but I thought it might be too much red.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Bill, is the AC bracket and pulleys part of a kit? Or more 6-pack engineering? Mark

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2016-04-29 20:31
Bill, is the AC bracket and pulleys part of a kit? Or more 6-pack engineering? Mark

Nope, six pack engineered. 

James the color is an 86 GM color.  Looks black until the sun hits a curved part or just right on a flat panel and a really dark red maroon high light comes out.  Might regret that as it will need many hours of long boarding to look right.  Paint it red, that compartment will be full of really good FE stuff and it will be the center of attention!

Will try to get some pics up tomorrow.  Have the front half of the frame cleaned, brushed, and painted.  351/AOD in place, TV cable and throttle linkage ready, fuel line to the Holley in.  Working the rear end (3.56), springs and brakes.  Lot of just plain ol dirty work to take care of.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Nothing new for a long day on my back with a scraper, 3M rubberized undercoating, and a can of chassis black.  Did shoot a couple of pics of what will be seen and to show me that I am getting this elephant cut up and eaten!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Made the jump for a disc/power booster kit.  Got the booster installed, had to re-man the mounting bracket for the proportioning valve, the one that was in the kit just would not set right.  Have all the brake lines run except the right front.  Will continue with that tomorrow.  Did get the 63 Bird seat frames modified and one side mounted, for got to take a picture of that.  Will work on getting better at taking pics as I go along.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Nice set up, and great job on the lines. What's the booster?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2016-05-15 21:59
Made the jump for a disc/power booster kit.  Got the booster installed, had to re-man the mounting bracket for the proportioning valve, the one that was in the kit just would not set right.  Have all the brake lines run except the right front.  Will continue with that tomorrow.  Did get the 63 Bird seat frames modified and one side mounted, for got to take a picture of that.  Will work on getting better at taking pics as I go along.
I'd really like to see what you are doing in regards to mounting the '63 T bird seats, as I have '66 T bird seats for my Ranchero.
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

Rich it is a 8" dual diaghram, no idea if it is a "stock off shelf" item or not.  Got the kit from Ford Classic Car Parts.

John the 66 seats should be easier to install then the 63s.  The floor flange on yours is flat, the 61 - 63 flanges are contoured to fit a two level floor.  I will post pics as I modify the drivers side and mount it to the floor.  The flanges had to be modified to make the seat lower as well.  I will know after the drivers side is in along with the steering wheel if they need to be down more.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero