News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Check out the car if you can.

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-01-01 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

This was posted on the 52-59 Hamb social club. If you can focus on the car for a minute, there's some stuff on it I'm not recognizing. First, there's the chrome/stainless piece on the back top of the fender. My guess there it's a trim piece for a spotlight that's no longer there?? But the big mystery...what's going on between the vent window and the windshield. At first glance I thought it was an accent paint, but looking at it further, it looks 3 dimensional, and chrome or ss. Were there aftermarket trim pieces available for the '57's that I've never seen before? It would be easier to figure out if it were a color photo. BTW, funny...notice the reflection in the paint of the guys just watching...or maybe just the camera crew, it's obviously not a candid photo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I can blow the picture up here..couldn't on the Hamb. Maybe that area in front of the wing window is paint as I first assumed. I need to find out more info on the shot...what date the magazine is...I'd sure like to track down a copy.

Jeff Norwell

Looks to be painted Rich.. and the reflections are in the top of the door.... but maybe your right.. never seen any aftermarket piece like that.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

rmk57

1957 Dodge hubcaps? See those flipper caps around quite a bit back in the day.

Nice legs to.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2016-01-01 14:37
1957 Dodge hubcaps? See those flipper caps around quite a bit back in the day.

Nice legs to.
That was the first thing that caught me eye.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

geraldchainsaw

have to add my 2 cents.   1st,  u do know that its a conv?,  right?,    are u talking about what looks like a character line in the windshied trim in front of the vent,  i just checked my conv and its flat, and i'm sure those are not dodge lancer hubcaps but after market,   jerry

lalessi1

Lynn

sprink88

I was thinking that myself Lalessi.

There is a car in the pic?
~Chris

JPotter57

Not a convertible.  That's a Fairlane post car, look at the top of the door, the stainless top and surround, plus, that is a metal roof on it, not cloth.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

djfordmanjack

I downloaded a series of pics of that car years ago. because of the 57 Ford interest....ahem.... :003:
I think we have a Custom 2dr Sedan in the pics with the window frame and a post painted to look like chromed Fairlane 500 Sedan parts.  A real Fairlane would have wider chrome moldings around the windshield/roof like this car. Maybe they used chrome foil/tape, which was a trend at the time.

RICH MUISE

That was my thinking on the Custom, A color photo would have probably made the detective work a little easier on what they did to the post. Thanks for posting that, DJ!

lalessi1

I think it is a Fairlane, not a Fairlane 500. Could be either a 4 dr or a 2 dr sedan....
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Unless it was 58 Edsel Ranger trim and doors.  The Ranger had a 500 body, roof and glass but it did not have the large trim over the windshield.  It did have chrome vent windows and stainless window frames, wrap around the "A" pillar stainless and no trim on the doors at the crease.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Some of the victorias did not have the large trim over the windshield, but they did have a badge/emlem on the front fender, unlike the Customs which had nothing. This is another pic from the same photoshoot one of the Hamb members dug up. Note the '57 way in the background. To far back for any helpful details, but it does appear to not have the F-O-R-D letters on the nose, which means the fender emlems could have been removed as well if it is a Fairlane. Actually not sure if the Victorias had the nose letters, I'm sure Bill or somebody else with a Victoria will clarify that. Also, Bill, the Ranger had wrap around the A pillar stainless?? I guess it was a seperate piece from the windshield trim or you couldn't get it on/off??

Ford Blue blood

Yes, it is much like the 500 but stopped short at the gutter.  The windshield trim had two side pieces, one top piece and the same two plus the little gap filler on the bottom just like every 57/58 Ford.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II