News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

LOL!!! Nice that he didn't wrote you for the full amount! I was running Firestone radials when I did mine---GR 70-14's. Twenty-one and full of spit and vinegar. Not sure I'd do that today...or even could anymore down there. Seems like it is always full of traffic 24/7.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

In 1968 I was 21 also. I had BF Goodrich 990 life savers. Every time I went into a gas station they would tell me my tires were low LOL, and when I told them they were radials they would look at me like I had a pile of crap on my head..
I buried the speedo in my 58 Ford coming back from Vegas with four of us in the car. Nevada had no speed limit back then   :burnout:  The good old days  :003:

Guenter, sorry for hijacking you post with my BS
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

No problem Jim, not gonna argue with bad, BAD JD guys like the two of you....  :002: :003:

Hugh, I think after 50 yrs or so, the cop should be ok with you anyways.

What I want to add is that I never take a risk with speeding in traffic these days. So much traffic on the Autobahn and our vintage cars are so much behind in braking and handling anyways. But mostly in the early evening after commuting traffic has settled down, we have our good and less crowded highway stretches.

It's still exciting to see how easily our 57s cope with that speed. lots of power left even in a old worn out 292 and the wagon goes arrow straight. I just love the hammering Y block sound at speed. Didn't even floor it. It felt like she would easily go over 100 but then again, what for. It is just nice to see that she is quite capable of things 60 yrs later.
Usually I let her roll at 60 to 70 mph.
Yes, I do love my ( automobile) Ladies ! :004:

@RMK what everybody thinks its Fun Fun Fun with Kraftwerk, is of course fahren, fahren, fahren. in German. means driving.

Here's your funfunfun :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK7DA0FliIs

djfordmanjack

Got the 57 back out for driving it more this fall. went to a local car show that is held in a former Luftwaffe hangar.

A friend of mine is doing a Kustom car/Hot Rod type of indoor show in about 2 weeks and we went to check out the location today. now is this cool or what ?
built between 1872 and 1917 it's all bricks. a former soap factory. inside is neat and tidy and used for all kinds of events ( cinema, marriage, official)

RICH MUISE

That is a beautiful old building! Old soap factory?........they should turn it into a local brew house......suds of a different kind. Thanks for sharing...your beautiful old ride goes perfectly with it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Thank you Rich. should see the inside, it's stunning. this is just an official PR pic. will post pics with cool cars and Californian guests in it soon.

They just tore down an old brewery like this 10 minutes from my place. they saved a few historical building but most is gone unfortunately.
here's some pics pic of the old brewery buildings with my 34 and the old steam engine water tower.

CobraJoe

Awesome pics (and cars!) DJ, thanks for posting. Damn shame that they tear down old architecture like that...once it's gone, it's gone for good.  :deadhorse:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

Beautiful shots G. Glad you can take the 57 out for a ride. I love the old buildings and the cars look great in those settings. We still have blimp hangers preserved here, amazing how big they are..
Old soap factories reminds me of the general purpose soap I use that started in Germany way back 1908..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Marc

The wagon looks real good, and so does that '34!

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2018-09-04 18:38Old soap factories reminds me of the general purpose soap I use that started in Germany way back 1908..
1908! I didn't think you were that old.  :002:

djfordmanjack

:003:....you guys...!

In central Europe there is a trend in urban communities to restore and use just some of the old industrial buildings and making them into modern event locations while keeping the old looks. Luckily the old soap factory is now a listed historical building and must not be torn down at all. What's really bad, is that 95% of the rest - nobody cares for. It seems that in todays modern world, a place to actually work in with hands on, seems to be a nuisance. With all the computer and bureaucracy, real work on things has come to a minimum.
There is actually a bulletin in my hometown, that empasizes on tearing down old industrial areas and making them into suburban living estates and tall business buildings. One time in future they will want to have yet one single blacksmith left to fit some new horseshoes !
But for now we're just looking forward to that car show in the cool brick building. :002:

hiball3985

The same thing here, a few are saved as Historical landmarks, others are turned into brewery's, art studios or retail. Most aren't saved as the cost of retrofitting them to meet earthquake standards and all the other BS regulations is just to high. 
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

DJ...I so love the older buildings. Architecture today is pretty lame to the old designs. Your cars only made those buildings look better!
Thanks for sharing!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

no update here for quite some time, so here is a pic from our September show. the CS being parked between some criminal objects. I have no idea who let them in. I think they were then observed by the security team the whole weekend. :002:

As mentioned before we had special guests from California and Mr Winfield and his girl Laura are huge Ford fans as well. Laura even has a 57 Ranchero that she inherited from her brother I think. I am happy to say that after a mishap that happened at another show later on (Gene broke his hip and had to have surgery and a medical flight) but he is back home and well and will hopefully recover soon.
It was a great honor and pleasure to meet such a living legend, drive him around in the 57 and having the oportunity to spend some time and do some bench racing with our group of close friends and car guys. Precious memories for sure !

mustang6984

Not sure who was luckier here...YOU for getting time with Mr. Winfield...(you lucky dog you!)...or him for getting to take that trip and wind up sitting in that rolling art of yours!
I re-visited the old brewery building you posted up earlier...sure is a nice looking piece fo architecture.
As always sir...thanks for the eloquent posts!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker