News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

All cool cars, and a cool catalog. I've got a hard to find body parts catalog that Zapato sent me just before he passed away. It's a small one though, maybe 6" x 9".
I've been telling guys for years Ford never made a Fairlane wagon in '57. What's your take on what you found in your catalog? short wheelbase, short tailfins,....they're Customs!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2019-03-10 15:38
Jim
     Do you remember the old days when we could buy a Craftsman tool form Sears, take home and really abuse it and then take it back?   They would give us a new one , no questions asked.
       In 1959 I clearly remember trying to remove the rear main seal bolts on the first Y block that I was rebuilding and I needed a 12 point socket.  We hammered a 6 point onto it and kept breaking sockets and bringing them back.  After about 4 of them, the clerk finally asked what we were doing and gave us a 12 point one. It worked like a charm.  I still have that socket after all these years.      Snap on had a good deal also.  The problem was that we had to wait until the truck came by the shop.

Günter
Why don't you take the wrench back that Jim bent?   Maybe you can get a new one.

Jay, In all my years of beating old craftsman tool I only have one socket crack and I returned it for an exchange. I bought all my Craftsmen back in the late 60's and still have and use them.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

I like those little wagons, I've never seen one that I remember.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-03-10 18:19
I've been telling guys for years Ford never made a Fairlane wagon in '57. What's your take on what you found in your catalog? short wheelbase, short tailfins,....they're Customs!

absolutely agree ! I had never seen that designation put on a 57 wagon before! it is obviously a very, VERY early issue as of Sept 1956, so was probably laid in print much earlier, possibly 1 or 2 months before, maybe even before the start of the actual model year production.
as we have seen with ashtrays, bench seat consoles aso, the many early/late 57 differences.
Maybe this is a possible explanaition for this weird nomenclature ?!?
Also, again - check the missing name for the upper model 2dr wagon ( later Del Rio).

djfordmanjack

mustang6984

Nice. I am gonna ride in that sweet cruiser one day within the next couple of years. Need to get settled in my new place after moving 2000 miles...then the planning will begin. Already told the wife that my Courier and we are gong to tour Europe! She just smiled!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

very serene pic, Guenter. Especially after just watching tornado videos, lol.

hiball3985

Nice pictures G but it really needs some asphalt under the tires  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

got caught on camera yesterday at the local cruise night. first day out since the last sunset pics were taken. our 'spring' weather was that nasty this year.

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

thx Jeff.
btw, if anyone was wondering. those are not the headlights, dim like on 6V.  Here in Europe we have to discard the sealed beams and are neither allowed to have white turn signals, nor amber driving lights in the shared driving light assemblies.
so those are small 4Watts driving light sockets included in the H4 headlight units.

hiball3985

Great to see you out on the road again. We have had the wettest spring I can remember here in Calif but the 57 doesn't complain, only me  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Great to see the wagon out and about. Same here with the weather...........haven't gone 2 days without rain, and often heavy, for months.

iamflashman

That is a nice looking wagon!  Love the color.
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___