News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: iamflashman on 2019-06-02 20:31
That is a nice looking wagon!  Love the color.

I like the art work at the bottom of your signature line. How long did that take you to work out?  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Good to see you back ....James (if I remember your name  correctly). I still see your brother and Dad occasionally. Were you one of the family members that took the 5000 mile (?) '57cruise last year?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

iamflashman

Yes.  I took my black ranch wagon on that one.  I just sold that black wagon to my brother in Amarillo so you might see it around.  Had to fund my Bermuda project.

I have been pretty much off of anything "social media" for years.  I am now crawling back out of my hole.

- James
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

djfordmanjack

summertime again and time for some late evening shadetree pics ! :003:

mustang6984

SWEET! I do like the looks of that 57. And was peering into the garage too. Seems like another piece of beauty sticking it's tail out the door.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh. look closer. there are actually 3 tails. not all mine. Model 40s forever, if you know what that means  :002:!

djfordmanjack

parked under my neighbors arbor. straight out of the jungle... :003:

rmk57

Isn't there a bit of a heat wave going on in most of Europe?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

yes it is Randy. we had mid 90s today but western Europe (Germany France Spain) is said to climb way over 100 these days. this is real hot for Central Europe. then again it is summer, and I like it. it'll be getting colder soon enough.

hiball3985

Central Europe, the new So Calif. We are cooking too, my 57 doesn't have air  :005: Spending more time in my panel truck these days.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Swank

Dropped all the way to 89F,  and down to only 44% humidity here in Louisiana last couple days, ....'bout having to throw on a jacket.  Good car fixin tempurature though.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-07-25 11:41...we had mid 90s today but western Europe (Germany France Spain) is said to climb way over 100 these days.
I couldn't hack those 90 degree temps. We've had a fairly long spell where we were hitting mid 80s here.  Pretty much unheard of in this part of Alaska. Thought I was gonna melt.
This stuff is bad news for our coastal village areas up north.
And a river's water temps up there got so hot that hundreds of salmon were dying.
This is all very scary stuff for the far north & the Arctic. Many whales from northern Cali & all the way up the west coasts to here also died.  Probably still are.

djfordmanjack

found a new addition to my 57 brochure collection, an og German sales brochure. I already had a mint unfolded one, never handed out to customers. but this is well used and folded (for posting). Love the subtle differences in layout, paper, color, detail aso between the US '56, German 57, and revised US '57 versions. even the size is different.

mustang6984

Old flyers/brochures are so cool to look at. Nice Gunther! Thanks for the share.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Feb 17th and 60degrees outside ! that is unusual here. had to dust off the Ladies. Didn't make it for a drive, but the 57 sure started up like a charme. and of course - the usual heavy fuel pump leaking. after retightening the bowl nut it went away soon I believe it is this rubber/compound gasket.

really enjoying the sight of the 57 out of the garage. it looks so good outside.