News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Nice....and the grass is still green!
It's been a pretty warm winter here too. I started up the '57 yesterday and took it for a ride around the block and put it up on the lift, still hate to drive with salt on the roads.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

looking great outside, DJ. Joe, I thought you guys were having a bad winter again?? seems like everytime I watched the national weather, there was a storm headed your way. Nice here this past weekend also, so i Got mine out as you know..780 miles, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Bad winter Rich? My snow plow is sitting in the garage, it hasn't been used once.
We did get 6" of snow right after Thanksgiving, but I was in western NY hunting, so I missed it. (not complaining) I know we are not out of the woods yet, but hopefully we actually have a Spring this year.
Actually, all of the snow has been Northern & Western MA.

Hey, at least it's still clean!

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

djfordmanjack

haha. guys... Glad you got to make a long trip already Rich ! Great to hear that you already took the 57 for a spin, Joe. From what I hear Mass winters can be a drag.... For me, winter is ok when it's white and skiing and things. cold and dirty and salty city winter I don't want. for me it's time to wake up and go out. a huge relief to be working outside today. I know winter's not done yet. but at least I got some things accomplished on my favorite cars !

djfordmanjack

these days, when we are not supposed to take our classic cars out, we need to make good use of them instead. Ole workhorse. V8. sturdy frame and hitch. what more could we ask for ?  :003:

mustang6984

As long as it doesn't scratch the paint. I used to use my RX-7 to pull the drag around the infield before practice, horrified the women playing on my fastpitch team. LOL!!! Made the car dusty...but no harm. An hour at home with the wash bucket and she was fine.   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

shouldn't have become cars in the first time if they weren't to be used ... :003:

CobraJoe

fdlrc

Now that's putting a wagon to good use!
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Ecode70D

Guenter
   I approve of your nice yard truck.   
Jay

djfordmanjack

another HD job for the yard truck !  :003:

( had to move the 53 Linc out of the bushes, where I had pushed her in a hurry some weeks ago, the old tarp is simply for keeping grass from growing under the car, there is no leaking engine or trans in the car).

I think those 2 are becoming fast friends ! Gotta move the 57 back into the garage or there will be baby Lincolns, soon.  :002: That would be 55 Merc Wgons then ?! as long as theyre not Pinto wagons...anyways :003:

CobraJoe

Quite the collection you got going there DJ, I'm a little jealous.  :steeringwheel:

RICH MUISE

Lincoln...your's or a customers? Plans?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Actually both Rich. the car is basically mine. We are preparing this car as an open air theatre stage decoration. 'West Side Story' was scheduled for this summer at the second biggest lake in Austria, but obviously everything is canceled or rather postponed to next year.
I will blend the paint and reinforce the lid and roof, so actors can get on top of it. This may sound rude, and it is. But, the lid and roof have been damaged before and this car has seen no love in more than 25 yrs. I have been knowing about it for that time and actually first saw it in 1998/99 or so. It wasn't properly stored and all of the owners disassembled and removed parts from it, which made it a cadidate prone to crushing. Nobody is going to 'restore' a 4dr Lincoln. the parts prices are insane !!!
BUT! Of course we did not purchase it to send it for scrap metal. I love the proportions and design of those 52-56 Lincolns. It also doesn't matter that the roof will get jumped upon, because I am not planning on keeping it original... :002: :003:
I have been looking for a good candidate to 'restyle' for years. I wanted a 'big' car for that and of course Lincoln being a FoMoCo brand helps. but of course this project is on the backburner. I am in no hurry at all.
The Lincoln is 98% rust free except for a small spot on the drivers floorboard. solid rockers, door bottoms, quarter panels aso  so its really a great foundation. btw I chose a 4dr on purpose. I did a little rough playing on the computer ( excuse my terrible rendering). Should I put this in the offtopic section ?

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-08 19:06
Lincoln...your's or a customers? Plans?

terry_208

I like the second rendering best.  I'll bet a slight sectioning on it would look great also.  Take 2" out of the mid section, say about the level of the chrome spear, would drastically change the appearance.  I know my preferences would not suit everyone's idea of good.
Terry