News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier Hurricane

Grille, park lights, headlight doors, and hood ornament also say '55.

Guys, did you notice the headlight rims on the '56 semi tractors and car haulers?  Those of you looking for rims don't have to limit your search to F100s.  Like I said in another post, mine came from a garbage truck.   John

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

Ecode70D

Joe
    Email sent.  Hope to see you this evening. The cruise is at Rt.58 and 106 in Halifax at the Walmart parking lot.   There is a separate section for the old cars and they usually get 400-450 old cars.  This is what I'll be driving.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Not sure if these belong here under "Old Ford pics" or if I should start a new thread under "Old Ford Guy" pics?
All in all, was great hooking up with Jay again, and had a great time at the cruise night in my old jalopy. Here's a few pics of Jay's beautiful 1957 300 Custom:

(Damn....Guenther, those fenders/lights have you written all over them)     :003:.... kinda crazy how those two little lights make that same car look like it's two feet wider?  :roadrunner:

...and a parting shot back at Jay's shop:

hiball3985

Great to see your cars out and about.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

We had over 500 cars at the Friday night cruise last night. These were the only 57 Fords. Sometimes my old 58  with 406 shows up but it was not there last night.   We don't have enough 57 Fords in Mass. 

Joe
   Thanks for posting the pictures.  Your car is beautiful and it is nice and solid. 
Jim
    Does that hood emblem on my car look familiar to you?
Jeff
     I'm putting some miles on my cool new hat.

CobraJoe

Pete DePaolo with one of the two ?67 Fairlanes DePaolo Engineering built for Ford that set 458 USAC and FIA speed and endurance records at the Bonneville Salt Flats in September 1956.

CobraJoe

Here it is today...

"This car is the ninth '57 Ford produced. It is a pre-production pilot car with a lot of unique features not found on ?57 production cars  and was sent to De Paolo Engineering in Long Beach, California to be prepped for a run of 50,000 miles to establish the endurance of the ''All New 1957 Fords.'' The goal was to slash the 35,000-miles in 15 days record set by Dodge the year prior and break or establish over 400 World Speed, International Class B (5.0L to 8.0L) and National Class B (305 cid to 488 cid) records. This car set the world record of an incredible 51,403 miles in 20 days with an average speed of 107 mph at the Bonneville salt flats, and helped set 458 USAC and FIA records."

RICH MUISE

Lots of great stuff being posted here. Joe and Jeff, both your cars looking good. 500 cars is a hell of a cruise. I love hearing about forum members meeting/getting together. Last weekend I did a cruise to Red River, NM with another '57 Ford owner, but he's not a forum member, but as I posted in the morning coffee thread, KiwiRagtop from New Zealand stopped by my house this week.
1st pic is us stopping for gas at Las Vegas, NM (the other las vegas), and the 2nd pic is just north of there about 20 miles at the same mill I posted a pic of a few months ago.
Joe.........where's the Bonneville '57 located now, do you know?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Jay, I'm surprised there aren't more 57s in your area. We have quite a few here and many guys aren't members of this site and when I suggest joining they tell me they don't even have a computer..
I really think we should have a separate area/thread to post all our road trips and events.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-06-09 07:51
Lots of great stuff being posted here. Joe and Jeff, both your cars looking good. 500 cars is a hell of a cruise. I love hearing about forum members meeting/getting together. Last weekend I did a cruise to Red River, NM with another '57 Ford owner, but he's not a forum member, but as I posted in the morning coffee thread, KiwiRagtop from New Zealand stopped by my house this week.
1st pic is us stopping for gas at Las Vegas, NM (the other las vegas), and the 2nd pic is just north of there about 20 miles at the same mill I posted a pic of a few months ago.
Joe.........where's the Bonneville '57 located now, do you know?

Rich, as best I know; (I think it may be in San Diego  :102:)

http://www.speedville.com/1957-ford-fairlane-500-club-sedan/

CobraJoe