News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Not a '57, but still pretty cool video on how a car is taken from design to concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U

"This video traces the birth of the 1949 Ford from the drawing board to the roads of the world, showing different stages of automobile design and manufacturing..." Unfortunately only the first half of this film is available, but it is quite good.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

wow, a ski jump for cars. Love the custom Fairlane
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

Lots of really cool stuff
post 32......I somehow didn't catch the extended rear fenders at first.....lots of radical sheetmetal work going on there.
post 33.........just like nowadays isn't it?.......your on vacation in the national park in your new convertible, you put on your dress shirt and tie while the wife slips into her dress, high heels., lol. That family was living the dream. Note the baby boomer boys are wearing their Hopalong Cassidy tee shirts. Now, if I could just figure out what the woman is wearing around her hips. looks like hoppalong's six shooter.
post 34........man I've got a spot in my back yard for that Art Decco trailer. Could make an awesome conversion into a guest house
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

Cool pics. I think the shot of the airborne Fairlane was taken at Ford's Dearborn proving grounds.

CobraJoe

Quote from: Marc on 2018-06-13 10:27
Cool pics. I think the shot of the airborne Fairlane was taken at Ford's Dearborn proving grounds.

Yes it was; as were these:

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-06-13 07:14
Lots of really cool stuff
post 32......I somehow didn't catch the extended rear fenders at first.....lots of radical sheetmetal work going on there.
post 33.........just like nowadays isn't it?.......your on vacation in the national park in your new convertible, you put on your dress shirt and tie while the wife slips into her dress, high heels., lol. That family was living the dream. Note the baby boomer boys are wearing their Hopalong Cassidy tee shirts. Now, if I could just figure out what the woman is wearing around her hips. looks like hoppalong's six shooter.
post 34........man I've got a spot in my back yard for that Art Decco trailer. Could make an awesome conversion into a guest house

Did you watch the video in post #30? I was impressed with the amount of time and work that went into the new models back then.
Just wish I could imbed a youtube video so it shows up on this forum, can't seem to get it to work other than a link???

CobraJoe

chapingo17

Awesome pictures what a great gallery! :001:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

1966 Ford Galaxy 500 "Magic Cruiser"