News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

WOW! fifteen cent burgers! I think I feel old now!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hemidave

Hurry up, I'm hungry !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

Station wagon conversion
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Going on vacation

CobraJoe

Early RV campers pose for a photo on Christmas Day, 1920, in Desoto Park, Florida, about a year after the first Tin Can Tourists assembly. The group's ethos-an incongruous mixture of escapism and orderliness-inspired American auto campers to load up their Model T's and drive along freshly paved roads, searching for scenic spots to camp.
STATE ARCHIVES OF FLORIDA, FLORIDA MEMORY

hemidave

Road trip

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

A group of dapper campers share a watermelon on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., circa 1921. The Ford Model T was built with size in mind. According to Henry Ford, the pioneering design was large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. The built-in trunk-a first for automobiles at the time allowed tents, cots, and other gear to share space with a family on long road trips. NATIONAL PHOTO COMPANY COLLECTION / LIBRARY OF CONGRESS PRINTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS DIVISION, 2016823765

RICH MUISE

These 20's camping pics are fascinating. I wonder about the verbage in the last photo though......"trunk", heh? maybe the trunk, as in old time name for suitcase, is what's on the running board.
I wonder what the story behind the gent's cut off tie. Brings back a vague memory of seeing someone get their tie cut off on their last day of work before retirement.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

The usage of the word "trunk" comes from it being the word for a large travelling chest, as such trunks were often attached to the vehicle before the development of integrated storage compartments in the 1930's.

I don't believe this was Ford based, maybe someone can share some info.

When it came to modifying camper vans, the Tin Can Tourists pulled out all the stops. This house car from 1929, belonging to Harriett Warren, Flora Kavanaugh, and Westel Ashe, all of Brattleboro, Vermont was nicknamed ?Harriett.? Cars like these were common sights at Tin Can Tourist campsites. As RV camping grew more popular, auto shows became more frequent, and campers began to trick out their cars and buses to impress other group members.

Cars, trailers, and recreational vehicles stipple the grounds in Arcadia, Florida, during the 12th annual Tin Can Tourists convention, in 1931. The group?s meetings were a boon to local economies, leading cities to compete with one another for the right to play host each year.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-01 07:33
These 20's camping pics are fascinating. I wonder about the verbage in the last photo though......"trunk", heh? maybe the trunk, as in old time name for suitcase, is what's on the running board.
I wonder what the story behind the gent's cut off tie. Brings back a vague memory of seeing someone get their tie cut off on their last day of work before retirement.

That tie looks like it could also be an untied bow-tie, perhaps he came to the party right from work and just "relaxed" his tie for the evening.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Wow, that "5th wheel" setup on the A coupe is the cat's meow!! I wonder if any of those rigs survived. Almost makes me want an A
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Posing for a pic