News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-01 14:42
Wow, that "5th wheel" setup on the A coupe is the cat's meow!! I wonder if any of those rigs survived. Almost makes me want an A

The "Glenn Curtiss Aero Coupler" consisted of a tire and wheel mounted horizontally to the trunk floor of a passenger coupe or to a specially designed tow vehicle.
The tire is inflated to absorb lateral, longitudinal and vertical road shocks. The trailer's goose neck kingpin slips into the wheel's bearing journal where an axle would normally fit. Thus was invented the fifth wheel trailer hitch.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

wow thats crazy !!!!

let's get these guys in here. I just love them !

RICH MUISE

T with the modern trailer..........not exactly what I had in mind, lol. That was funny.
Great info on the fifth wheel. I always wondered why they called them that. Thanks Joe
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fdlrc

How those guys kept a straight face??
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

mustang6984

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-09-01 19:45
How those guys kept a straight face??

The shot we see may well have been the 7-8-9-10th shot of that sequence. So by then...the humor would have worn off. If it was a one-take shot...then I too would be wondering how they did it with a straight face!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

I think it is part of their great humor. Most times when things like that accident happen in the plot, Stan doesn't even really notice what went wrong and puts on his clueless and dumb face. While Ollie tries to play it cool, only to break out in anger a few seconds later. Poor Stan, who unwittingly caused the trouble is going to take some beating again soon.... :002: :003:

on a side note, it was Stan Laurel who wrote most all of the film plots and gags. obviously a very smart and humorous person.
I can honestly say I grew up with them. I must have seen the T Model scene at age 5 or so. or even earlier. they were on kids TV shows frequently in the 1970s.

CobraJoe

The Beach Boys didn't enshrine "woodie" station wagons into surf culture for another 15 years, putting these campers in 1949 well ahead of the curve. American car culture exploded in the years after the Tin Can Tourists formed. In fact, a straight line can be drawn from the early days of outrigging Model T's for comfort and style to the hot-rod subculture of the mid-20th century.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

Joe...European distributor?
Wonder what one of those wooden crates would be worth today? I have several wooden whiskey cases from when my grandmother owned a liquor store in the late 40's/early 50's. Family lore is I slept in one of them when I was a mere papoose!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

I believe it's France

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

Wish I could post a video.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

What a view
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker