News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

A Rent-A-Racer! Wonder if it was one of the few with a 4-speed or had it an automatic?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-30 11:23
I just wanted to pass along for those who have Netflix there is a pretty good documentary called the Shelby Story. Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. Focuses a lot on the 64-66 era when the racing and Shelby production were really ramping up. Definitely worth checking out.

Just watched the Shelby Story documentary. That was nothing short of grand! When I get back to WA I get to go over to Gordon Chance's place and tell him what a stud he was with his gloved hands in his parts of the story! He lives in Sequim WA now, and is still a car nut in his mid-70's, still building cars albeit a little slower these days than those days. Allen Grant lived in the area for a time and I met him as well a couple of times. But Gordon is one of those guys even today that when you meet him...he NEVER forgets you. And the stories he has to tell...yea...entertaining each time we sit down.
If you don't have Netflix...find someone who does...and bring some snacks and watch it. Best 2 hours I have spent in front of a TV in a long time. My opinion...it gives Ford vs Ferrari a run for it's money!

Thanks for the heads up about the documentary.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

1933-5 Ford, Southern California, top chop in progress.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

great pic ! probably a 33 according to hubcaps and rear bumper ( narrow bolt distance). There's another 33/4 sitting to the right and the gutted flathead to the left, along with the flywheel and clutch. sitting behind is what could be the og transmission with the straight Model 18/40/48 shifter ( as opposed to the swan neck 36 up)

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

rmk57

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-31 01:07
Just watched the Shelby Story documentary. That was nothing short of grand! When I get back to WA I get to go over to Gordon Chance's place and tell him what a stud he was with his gloved hands in his parts of the story! He lives in Sequim WA now, and is still a car nut in his mid-70's, still building cars albeit a little slower these days than those days. Allen Grant lived in the area for a time and I met him as well a couple of times. But Gordon is one of those guys even today that when you meet him...he NEVER forgets you. And the stories he has to tell...yea...entertaining each time we sit down.
If you don't have Netflix...find someone who does...and bring some snacks and watch it. Best 2 hours I have spent in front of a TV in a long time. My opinion...it gives Ford vs Ferrari a run for it's money!

Thanks for the heads up about the documentary.

If you have nothing better to do on new years eve there's a movie called "The 24 hour war" on Netflix also. Of coarse it focuses on the 64-66 Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans races. Enjoy!

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

I will check that out. Thanks.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Fred Kiy's '32 Ford roadster

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Nice...was an automatic car originally though I see. Looks like a very clean install on the 4-speed though. Sadly...I am just a wee bit shy on the cash flow! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

hemidave

'57
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-12-31 10:58
  If you have nothing better to do on new years eve there's a movie called "The 24 hour war" on Netflix also. Of coarse it focuses on the 64-66 Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans races. Enjoy!

Watched "The 24 Hour War" last night. Great piece on the rivalry. Saw a lot more of Gordon in that one also. Going to have some fun telling him how he is a famous movie star! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Through all what was going on in those days with Shelby's racing program and car  production I think the guy that deserves a ton of credit is Phil Remington. Man was genius, problem solver, fabricator, he just did everything. Big part of why Shelby had the success he did.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-01-01 12:10
  Through all what was going on in those days with Shelby's racing program and car  production I think the guy that deserves a ton of credit is Phil Remington. Man was genius, problem solver, fabricator, he just did everything. Big part of why Shelby had the success he did.

Yea...I think Gordon made that same observation in "24"...the guy was a sheet metal guru. I have a friend (who introduced me to Gordon actually) who knows all the guys involved in the creation of the Daytona and he said that without Remington that car never sees daylight let alone the track.
Wish I had a 1/10 of his metal talent!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker