News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

HERTZ
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Nice shot! Wonder if it was a promotional pic originally?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

The pic is Les Ritchey. Gas Ronda was more well dressed, supposedly one of the most well well dressed men in drag racing.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Such a rich heritage of of car history. Thanks guys. I have never seen any of these pics...let alone any of these guys. I am "only" 67...so some of you guys have a better grasp on much of this than I do...or did. But I like the pics...the history. Plus I came to my car lust at 17...and then stepped away from cars around 30 to deal with life. So...I have major gaps in my car lust.
One of the reasons I like this group so much...you guys help my history passion as well. Keep the pics coming all of you...I will always look at every single one! Once I get moved out here to Branson area...Rich is gonna get tired of seeing me pop around every few months! LOL!!! Alvin too. Although...Alvin keeps on building them...I will keep driving up to shoot ;pics of them for him!  :003:

Thanks for the pics guys!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Correct, my bad. I had the picture in with my Gas Ronda pics, because of his association w/ Ritchey. truthfully, they could almost pass for brothers...

" Ronda began racing Hudson and Buick entries in the early 1950s. He then acquired a Corvette in the late 1950s but felt there was little competition in the sport because a majority of the entries were Chevys. Ronda put Ford on the map when he began racing this ?62 Galaxie, equipped with a 406-cid engine with tri-power carburetion, that kept pace with the favored 409-cid Chevys.

In addition to being a pioneer of Funny Car, Ronda, a ballroom dance instructor in the San Francisco area during the 1950s, was known for being one of the sharpest-dressed racers of his era.

In 1964, Ronda won the inaugural Hot Rod Magazine Championships in Riverside, Calif., and the NHRA Top Stock points championship with his newly developed Ford Thunderbolt, a midsize ?64 Fairlane with a 427-cid engine.

Midway through the 1964 season, Ronda relocated to Russ Davis Ford in Covina, Calif., to be closer to his engine builder and tuner, Les Ritchey. Ritchey played a major role in Ronda?s success and became Ronda?s best friend. Tragedy struck in 1966 when Ritchey was involved in a fatal racing accident in Fontana, Calif.

In 1966, Ford provided Ronda with his first Funny Car. Ronda?s new stretched-wheelbase, injected Mustang entry posted record-breaking eight-second times to win the Bakersfield March Meet.

Ronda was racing Funny Cars on a full-time basis by 1966, but he temporarily returned to Super Stock to help Ford debut the first-generation Cobra Jet Mustangs at the 1968 Winternationals.

The highlight of Ronda?s career was driving his new Mach 1 Mustang, built by Logghe Bros., to the winner's circle at the 1969 Orange County Int?l Raceway Manufacturers Championships. In 1970, Ronda suffered severe burns from an engine explosion while racing in Phoenix, which ultimately ended his driving career.

"

rmk57

When I was a kid holidaying with family in the LA area in 1969 I got to go to a manufactures funny car meet at OCIR. Ford, Mercury, Plymouth, Dodge, Chevy were divided into teams. There had to have been 40-50 funny cars for this event. Anyway, by the end of the night Gas Ronda won the event in the picture you have him posing with in the 69 Mustang. He looks to be well in his 70's-80's in that photo. Yes your right they could pass as brothers.

I guess I should have read the headers on the photos. It does mention his win at OCIR.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hemidave

'40
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

That pic sure sends the mind wondering. Any info on it, Joe? Anybody got a guess as to what they went to?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

If I remember correctly, it was taken years ago at a junkyard in Canada.
I'll look back and see if i have anything on it.

hemidave

Nice rod

CobraJoe

Rich, on the pic of the Model A frames; it was supposedly taken in Mexico, unknown time. That's all I've got.   :'(