News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Halifax Mass car cruise

Started by Ecode70D, 2018-07-17 07:26

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

From what I remember, the glass tops were the same in both Ford and Mercury '54''56. I would bet that with most descriptions there could be an exception, ie prototypes never meant to be released.
Terry

Ford Blue blood

As a child I remember my dad had a 54 4 dr wagon with the glass roof, V-8, manual transmission..  I was too young to figure if it was custom or original.  He loved it because there was less to wax.  I remember he said it was a car from AZ because the paint was so washed out and it had no rust.  Totally unheard of for a car in WI to have no rust!  That would have been in 58 or 59 because I was not driving at that time.  No idea what happened to the car.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

FBB
   The fact that it was a wagon with the roof insert means that had to be one rare car.  Standard shift was a plus also. In those days whenever I bought one of those Fords, if it was not a standard shift, I promptly got rid of the automatic and converted it to standard.  If it had power steering, that got canned also.
   AZ still does have some nice old rust free cars as long as it is not an import from a state that salts the roads for snow. 
Jay

Ecode70D

There were 3 57 Fords at the Friday night car cruise.  After next Friday it will be all over until next spring.
John V's  fresh red model 70D

Ecode70D

Cobra Joe's red + white Fairlane

Ecode70D

My white custom

djfordmanjack

I think these 57 Fords are getting boring, now that they show up by the dozen.... :002: :003:

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-09-24 10:00
I think these 57 Fords are getting boring, now that they show up by the dozen.... :002: :003:

It's about time for 57 Fords to start showing up here in Mass.  For the past few years we never got to see one anywhere.  It was like they vanished from this state.   Hopefully we will see more and more of them.