News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

The vw in post 809 must have been hit by a strassenbahn.  I know it didn't have enough speed on it's own to do that damage!
Terry

djfordmanjack

Haha...that could very well be the truth. I hope that the driver walked away. That said, from my own experience, these buses are mere tin cans made completely from very thin stamped sheetmetal, they do not have a solid frame nor much protection in the body either. on the other hand they are very light and durable (in normal use) and carry their own weight in payload. Definitely an interesting and pretty piece of automotive history and very unsafe and cheaply cobbled together as well.

lalessi1

I may have posted this before but my dad bought my mom a VW van in 1960, (he thought it was practical). She hated it and she drove it straight into a closed garage door. Here mother gave her the '57 Fairline 500 to drive that she bought knew... the rest is history!
Lynn

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

rmk57

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-03-01 15:00

I get a kick out of the spindly tubing holding up the rear wing compared to what a modern top fuel car needs these days. It's not going to end well when it comes back down.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Joe, why do they put scrap metal heaps on those stands and it appears they are trying to make transmissions out of used oil barrels , no ? :002:

Except for the obvious Hydramatic trans, what are those engines? Pontiac or maybe Studebaker ?
looking like siamesed center exhaust ports like on the 331 Cad, but not sure about those valve covers.

Lgcustom

they look like Cadillac engines to me.

djfordmanjack

Interesting. I thought the pressed speedlines and lettering in the valve covers would be more visible. the one sin the pic look very flat and smooth, like made for a decal.

CobraJoe

Cadillac's Clark Street Assembly Plant; production of engines for the 1959 Cadillac.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,