News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory A/C car on ebay

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2022-09-11 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

DAMN! So tempting...you are a trouble maker... :angry5:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ray

What's interesting is it's Coral Sand.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

mustang6984

What is even more interesting...it is only bid as of this moment (7:10 CST Tuesday) at $2750.00. Somebody needs to bud this thing up HIGH so I'll stop watching it.   :taz:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-09-13 19:11What is even more interesting...it is only bid as of this moment (7:10 CST Tuesday) at $2750.00. Somebody needs to bud this thing up HIGH so I'll stop watching it.   :taz:

Just go ahead and buy it, Hugh.  You know you want it!  It'll keep until you get around to it.
Terry

mustang6984

LOL!!! You're trying to get me in trouble aren't you? What is dangerous is I have the money, and could go down and back to get it in a 36 hour time frame.
I bet with oiling the cylinders and changing the oil, plugs, wires and distributor inners it would fire.  I have about4 sets of bucket seats, and the floors look relatively solid, so it could be a driving resto like Gunther did.
I do NOT need to get myself in trouble...but...damn...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Ask for engine and engine bay photos.  I don't think this is PS or PB.  Also I don't see any evidence of the AC badge holes on the passenger door. 
He. Did mention the compressor and it does have the ac garnish.  I like the fact that it's a 3 speed.
Nice model and color though. I already have a HT. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

terry_208

Only 36 hours?  You could have it drivable in no time, Hugh.  You know you have the time, you're retired! lol
Terry

mustang6984

sure...just squeeze it in between building my new Mini-Storage place and doing 2 Couriers and 2 Mustangs and a '50 Dodge pick-up! LOL!!!
Actually...the biggest issue is explaining to the wife that I  ought another car, and then had to go several hundred miles to get it, and that it doesn't yet run...not to mention the money to buy it.
BTW...as of 10:25 P.M. my time on the 14th of Sept...it is still sitting at $2750.00. It needs to go up...I would have a hard time letting someone get it for that price... :005:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

I guess I could bid on it to drive the price up $50 so you'll buy it. :002:

It does look fairly solid for a northern car.  The eyebrows and front facia aren't rusted through.

James

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2022-09-14 22:46I guess I could bid on it to drive the price up $50 so you'll buy it. :002:

It does look fairly solid for a northern car.  The eyebrows and front facia aren't rusted through.

James

Oh yea...sure...do that! LOL!!! It is still sitting at $2550.00 as of 10:30 Friday. I am oh so tempted. Especially if I might be able to coax the engine back to life with some TLC.
Note also...only two bidders so far.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-09-16 10:43Oh yea...sure...do that! LOL!!! It is still sitting at $2550.00 as of 10:30 Friday. I am oh so tempted. Especially if I might be able to coax the engine back to life with some TLC.
Note also...only two bidders so far.
You could be the 3rd and winning bidder.  Don't let this opportunity pass you by!  It could be a driver in no time.  Start it, throw a blanket over the seat and enjoy driving it.  Any other work could be done piecemeal as time permits.
Terry

Fairlane62

Well, you have the money and you could have it transported in only 36 hours, and it probably just needs the cylinders oiled, new plugs, points and wires and it could be a running car.  Plus the floors look pretty solid and you have some bucket seat that you could put in.  Sounds like a plan. :blob5: 

Fairlane62

terry_208

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2022-09-16 13:42Well, you have the money and you could have it transported in only 36 hours, and it probably just needs the cylinders oiled, new plugs, points and wires and it could be a running car.  Plus the floors look pretty solid and you have some bucket seat that you could put in.  Sounds like a plan. :blob5: 
That settles it.  Hugh, you will be kicking yourself forever if you don't at least bid on that 57!lol
Terry