News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory A/C car on ebay

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2022-09-11 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Hugh, I think that Terry and Fairlane 62 are right, you need this. I know you are building a mini storage complex, but remeber when you have been traveling across the country, all the mini storage unites that you can see from the high way. That being said how many 1957 fords have you seen or passed in your travels. I am with Terry on this one, you really need this. Take care and spend your money wisely, Alvin

Fairlane62

Hugh, A storage complex would a perfect place to hide the Car for now.  :thumbsup:

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2022-09-16 13:42Well, you have the money and you could have it transported in only 36 hours, and it probably just needs the cylinders oiled, new plugs, points and wires and it could be a running car.  Plus the floors look pretty solid and you have some bucket seat that you could put in.  Sounds like a plan. :blob5: 

Since you live much closer than Terry...you can volunteer to come over now and then to work on it with me. There is food involved...steak, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato, and of course beer.
Have to figure out how to get the wife allow me to spend the money, since I am about to spend $95k on property for the storage unit business.  :017:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

DAMN! As of now (10:25 Friday) the bid has dropped down to one bidder...$2100.00 HUH?!?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Hiding is not the issue...being cone for 36 hours is...kinda...well...you know...difficult. LOL!!!

BUT>..my wife (by the way from OKC she is) just said I can do what I want...as long as I don't run out of money. IF...if I win the bid...you gonna ride out there with me to get it?  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

As of 10:45 our time...(CST) I am highest bidder at $2550.00 Oh you are SUCH A TROUBLE MAKER!!!

And Abe...I took your suggestion and asked for info on the engine etc.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Cool did you get a pic of the data plate? Is there a title involved? Congrats if you got it!!
I usually wait until the man min, yeah I'm one them.  :deadhorse:
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Fairlane62

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-09-16 22:40Hiding is not the issue...being cone for 36 hours is...kinda...well...you know...difficult. LOL!!!

BUT>..my wife (by the way from OKC she is) just said I can do what I want...as long as I don't run out of money. IF...if I win the bid...you gonna ride out there with me to get it?  :003:

Be very careful when a wife says you can do what you want. :felix:

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-09-16 22:56Cool did you get a pic of the data plate? Is there a title involved? Congrats if you got it!!
I usually wait until the man min, yeah I'm one them.  :deadhorse:

No response from him yet. Says in the info that he has a clear Indiana title. Yea...I am a last minute kinda guy too...hope I remember to check tomorrow...I'll be working a car show when the bidding ends.
Kinda surprised Gunther hasn't popped in to offer his support yet...LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2022-09-16 23:44Be very careful when a wife says you can do what you want. :felix:

I was single for 20 years before we got married. She knows that I am most likely only asking to be nice...LOL!!! I don't do taverns and such, so she is happy about that. And compared to her first husband...I am simple syrup.  :003:
So...are you coming along to fetch the car? You started this...LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Well, Terry kinda started it, I just piled on more.  :003:

I just finished my last radiation treatment yesterday so I am harassing from a recliner and not up to travel yet.  But I do think its a good deal as long as it is really what is represented.

James

abe_lugo

Sounds like will be getting a good update on this one.!!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

terry_208

Yes, I've been called an instigator.  I wish I lived closer to you Hugh, I would help.   
Terry

terry_208

I see the winning bid was $2800.  Did you get it, Hugh?
Terry

terry_208

I dont know how it happened but I had received an email from ebay saying that I had the $2550 bid.  I definately did NOT bid.   
Terry