News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory A/C car on ebay

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2022-09-11 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

So...next week, probably Monday or Tuesday...oiling the cylinders and then will probably drop the fuel tank. Smells like there is old..OLD...old fuel in it...and then clean that thing out. With some luck I may try to fire it around next Friday or so after spending Wednesday or Thursday slowly (snail's pace slowly) moving the engine into a revolution by hand.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Nice to know it is in a good home!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Looks like you did well, congrats!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Fairlane62

Sounds like a good plan.  Keep us updated.

James

terry_208

Another good thing is that it has AC.  Is the whole system there?  For me the AC was the draw that made me interested. 
Terry

mustang6984

Quote from: terry_208 on 2022-09-23 13:11Another good thing is that it has AC.  Is the whole system there?  For me the AC was the draw that made me interested. 

The compressor is in the trunk, and there are hoses. BUT...I'm guessing the hoses will need replacing, and not sure of the status of the compressor. The big thing of course is that with all those part there...the ability to recreate it will be better. I will enjoy the air too...gets a tad bit warm around these parts for about 10-12 weeks a year.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Jerry's has most all the stuff needed to rebuild the system.  Hard stuff is the vents, compressor mount, the pulleys and the blower assembly.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

SkylinerRon

The way the drive belts are set up on the a/c if the compressor or its clutch go bad you have to remove them so a regular fanbelt will clear.

I really like the coral sand color on 57's, one of my Skyliners is Styletoned with it.

You really have a great combo V8, AC, OD., and color. There couldn't have been many of those built.

What color is the interior? What other options does it have? We need more pics!

Good luck with it.

Ron.

mustang6984

Thanks for the leads on the stuff for brackets and hoses etc. I too am thinking there were not many like this built. That is what made me decide (after a couple of days of battling with myself) to buy it. I will be returning it to the original color Nothing is going to change except the interior.
Not sure what color the interior was...there is nothing left of it. The seat I got from Ray is a really nice black and white front seat...so the new interior will be a black carpet and perhaps a white headliner and a matching seat in back. I think it would look pretty cool that way.
(I am mowing grass still at the new property where the storage units will be built. It is 4 feet high in some places so slow going. That will continue tomorrow. Then mow here at the house on Tuesday morning)
So Tuesday is start day on the car. First the plugs will come out and oil will go in to the cylinders. Then take out what is left of seat frames and clean the inside of the passenger compartment real well and see what I have. Also the carb will be coming off Tuesday for a rebuild on Wednesday or Thursday. If time permits...I may drop the fuel tank too. I would love to have it running by next week. Have to go to my son's this weekend so no work on it until next Monday as far as starting it goes.
Pics will be taken and posted. I will open a thread in the build section when I start.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

SkylinerRon

That Coral Sand & White just screams 50's. A tan or brown interior would look great with new Coral Sand/ White paint. When I first got my 57 on the road I threw a pair of black seats in it. Later I changed to the the factory brown and white seats which look more in harmony with the ZE3 paint colors.

Does the car have any other options? With A/C generally you see a lot of other accessories like P/S, P/B  and tinted glass.

Good Luck the project!

Ron.

Ford Blue blood

Couple of pictures of the one I parted out.  It was literally rusted in half!  When I jacked it to get the rear axle out the frame broke just under the door on both sides.  The body was the only thing that kept it from folding in half.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

mustang6984

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2022-09-26 11:59That Coral Sand & White just screams 50's. A tan or brown interior would look great with new Coral Sand/ White paint. When I first got my 57 on the road I threw a pair of black seats in it. Later I changed to the the factory brown and white seats which look more in harmony with the ZE3 paint colors.

Does the car have any other options? With A/C generally you see a lot of other accessories like P/S, P/B  and tinted glass.

Good Luck the project!

Ron.

I'd probably consider the brown...actually tan...but the seat from Ray is so nice...
Do not remember power steering anywhere. Definitely no power brakes and the glass is perfect in both the front windshield and back window, but no tinting.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Oh WOW! The rust mites had a field day with that car. I'll need to source the air conditioner bracket for sure. I will inventory the others tomorrow and check their condition and see if any need replacing.
Been thinking of getting a blast cabinet from HF...may be thinking about that sooner...if I can find a place to put it in my crowded shop. I am gonna need to build a lean-to if I don't get the new shop built soon...and move some stuff into that so I can have some winter room inside the current shop.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Have the HF blast cabinet.  Light is a POS, nozzle is a POS but with those changes it works perfect.  I would look at a different light assembly before it is completely assembled, PITA to change after the cabinet is assembled.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

mustang6984

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2022-09-27 07:02Have the HF blast cabinet.  Light is a POS, nozzle is a POS but with those changes it works perfect.  I would look at a different light assembly before it is completely assembled, PITA to change after the cabinet is assembled.

Okay...will do. Where did you find a new nozzle and light...out of curiosity? Local or on-line?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker