News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory A/C car on ebay

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2022-09-11 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Look what is STILL on the carb after 65 years! Has obviously been off but at least it was put back on! Oh YEA!  :003: Carb kit ordered and will be in Thursday at 8:00 and on the bench being rebuilt by 10.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ray

There are only three small brackets involved in the air compressor and generator. All stamped steel. I took a picture of the set I have for the coral sand car but haven't figured out how to upload as yet. Other than that, the compressor bolts directly to the engine and the generator hangs underneath. If I can figure out how to post the picture I took I will make sue you see it.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

Ray

One other thing, the dipstick and tube are air only. the dipstick is flexible like the t-bird but about an inch shorter so if it's damaged, you can make one.
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

SkylinerRon

TIP sells great cabinets and all the accessory pieces you will ever need.

Got to go now, will look up the email later tonight for you.

Ron.

Ford Blue blood

The bracket that mounts the A/C and generator is a heavy cast piece.  The compressor is solid mounted with the generator being adjusted to take up tension on the belts.

The nozzle I substituted was from an old bucket style unit.  The light is out of Lowes, is LED.  Don't have any other info as I made the change a while back, it is almost like a trouble light but did not have any hooks or rubber ends.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Thanks guys...all ideas and assistance appreciated. Have started some work, carb rebuild is tomorrow. I have pics,, and will post them tomorrow as well.
Someone asked about power steering...nope. But who knows what the future may hold.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ray

If this works, here's pictures of all the necessary brackets for a 57 factory air. I couldn't lay my hands on the powdered angle bracket so I took a picture of the one on the green car. The triangle bracket goes on the forward end of the compressor, underneath. Hope this helps.
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

mustang6984

Thanks! I save the pics in a folder in my computer that has pics of the Fairlane. That will help.
Where is a good place to go for the brackets?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ray

As you sort through the stuff that came with the car you will probably find most of them. the two short brackets can easily be fabricated. The only hard one is the triangle shaped one. Not sure on that I'll ask a couple friends. Btw, the Coral Sand car I am working on will be my 3rd Selectaire car. I'll let you know if I  find out anything.
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

mustang6984

Quote from: Ray on 2022-09-30 13:14As you sort through the stuff that came with the car you will probably find most of them. the two short brackets can easily be fabricated. The only hard one is the triangle shaped one. Not sure on that I'll ask a couple friends. Btw, the Coral Sand car I am working on will be my 3rd Selectaire car. I'll let you know if I  find out anything.

Thanks! Appreciate the help!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Okay...going to go open up a thread on the car's progress now.
At some point we should hear from the fellow I bought it from. His name is Scott, and he has a Retractable which he told me he has multiple questions for needed assistance.
Come see what is up...and how things go. And that going part...might be slow now and then, since I am also building storage units soon hopefully. Signed the papers and bought the land Wednesday.

:burnout: 
Heading to build page with thread named "You guys made me buy this..." 
(not complaining...more I mess with it, look at it, think abut it...more happy I am!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ray

I need to update my earlier comment. The generator bracket I showed in the photo is for a non-air car. I have attached a couple of photos of the installation in my Willow car for clarity. The generator adjustment bracket is straight, seven and one half inches long with a half inch offset. Again, if the car was complete when they took the compressor off, most of these parts should be there.
Willow Green 57 convert
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

KULTULZ

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-09-27 12:15Look what is STILL on the carb after 65 years! Has obviously been off but at least it was put back on! Oh YEA!  :003: Carb kit ordered and will be in Thursday at 8:00 and on the bench being rebuilt by 10.

That CARB is from a 1966 FORD 2V - F-2100.

Is this a dedicated restoration?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

SkylinerRon

The site for media blasting equipment is  tptools.com

Great USA made equipment and service. Been using them since 1983.

Ron.

mustang6984

Ray...those are great pics. I will save them in my computer. Thanks.

KULTULZ...no...not at all a dedicated restoration. So then someone replaced the carb in the past. Well...at least it helped me find the proper re-build kit for it. I put it back on. But thanks for the info!

Ron...I will check that site out. Thank you!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker