News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

You guys made me buy this...

Started by mustang6984, 2022-10-06 22:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

What is it connected to? Any vacuum hoses or electrical connections? I've never seen one like that and I would guess it's some aftermarket thing.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Wasn't hooked up to anything, but has a vacuum line. I'll look at it some more today, as I am going to be working on the car a bit today. Try to figure out where the line might b]have gone. Engine is out now.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Okay...cleaned the cylinder off enough with water to be able to read the printing. It is a radiator overflow canister.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

and now on to other stuff...
I was able to get the bolts out of the radiator support. Mostly. Have a couple to work on yet. BUT...the bottom one was the challenge of the day. To say it was rusted in is to say water is wet. I soaked it with PB Blaster...and then tried removing it. No good...stripped the damn nut. Tried using a set of removal sockets for stripped nuts...got nowhere. So...grinder with cutting blade,, thinking maybe cut the nut without damaging bolt. As you can see from pics...waste of time. So...now I need a new bolt. Anyone have one or know where I can get one? Looks like a specialty bot for that application.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

And then...does anyone know where these rubber flaps can be purchased...and HOW they were "stapled" to the car?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

I believe what you're looking for is in Dennis Carpenter's catalog as:

B7A-16254      Fender splash apron seal       $19.95   
Terry

thomasso

I believe the staples come with the seals.  If not just make some from gas welding rod.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

mustang6984

Quote from: terry_208 on 2023-02-13 14:40I believe what you're looking for is in Dennis Carpenter's catalog as:

B7A-16254      Fender splash apron seal       $19.95   

Thanks Terry!  :002:

Thomasso...how do you staple them into the frame? Do I need a special gun or is there a trick with a hammer? Thanks!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Wirenut

Glad to see you're progreesing on your car, thanks for the photos, I enjoy looking at them. When I replaced my splash shield I used the same holes that were punched from the factory. It took some time but the end result was worth the effort. Good luck on your progress. 

alvin stadel

Hugh, I found the bolt that Terry was suppose to get when he bought my radiator suport I called him the other day and told him I had found it, but he dosen't need it, so it is yours if you want it. Take care, Alvin

mustang6984

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2023-02-13 21:32Hugh, I found the bolt that Terry was suppose to get when he bought my radiator suport I called him the other day and told him I had found it, but he dosen't need it, so it is yours if you want it. Take care, Alvin

Yes please sir. Let me know how much for the bolt and the shipping and I will send you a check this week. Appreciate it buddy!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: Wirenut on 2023-02-13 19:11Glad to see you're progreesing on your car, thanks for the photos, I enjoy looking at them. When I replaced my splash shield I used the same holes that were punched from the factory. It took some time but the end result was worth the effort. Good luck on your progress. 

Slow for now, but yes...progress. Doing things I don't need to spend cash on until I sell a piece of property...then I will ratchet things up a bit. Need to get it up and at least running as soon as possible so I can go see Rich and maybe sme others of you in Texas!  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-02-13 18:26Thanks Terry!  :002:

Thomasso...how do you staple them into the frame? Do I need a special gun or is there a trick with a hammer? Thanks!

I suspect at the factory they used a special staple gun.
Lynn

mustang6984

Yea...that's what I am afraid of...some big air powered thing that could drive a staple into titanium! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

thomasso

Hugh;  Im thinking that it is the seal stapled to the inner fender that you are referring to. I can't really tell from the picture.  I just used the existing holes enlarging them to fit my staples.  I,m not home now so I can't look to see what I used. Old, no memory.  I do remember that the holes are random, no symmetry and if you make them nice your going to have a lot of extra holes.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.