News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My "Project 'Upgrades'"

Started by lalessi1, 2023-08-09 16:42

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Okay! Since it is hot as hell and nobody is posting anything, I thought I would post some Of what I have been doing playing around with the Ford. For whatever reason I decided to regress the car to a little purer form of a sixties street sleeper. I pulled the "428" emblems of of the fenders and put '56 "T-Bird V8" emblems on the side. This is intended to be a little of a teaser because I have been  making other cosmetic (mostly) changes some of what are in process.... stay tuned.
Lynn

lalessi1

Forgot the pic....
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Lynn, the Thunderbird emblem looks great on your 57 ! I have a set of valve covers prepared, for my 312, with the 'turned aluminium' style 1956 decals. 55 and 56 were also great years for pssgr, truck and T bird styling. I love them all !
recently I was watching a youtube video about the Californian 'Santa Maria' Cruising Nationals....and with all the 100s of custom and Hot rod cars... to me only one really stood out. It was an all stock, but lowered, red and white 1955 4dr ford station wagon...these model year Fords do have so much style, elegant, sporty and modern! Always wanted a 55, but somehow got hooked on 57s.

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-08-09 18:10.... Always wanted a 55, but somehow got hooked on 57s.
56s have always been a favorite of mine & are better than 55s. 12 volt system, great interment panel, better looking grille & trim & a 312 option. 56 Vicky 1 (2).JPG

mustang6984

Tom...sharp looker! And the red looks real good on it too! The oh so slight rake is perfect!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-08-09 20:00Tom...sharp looker! And the red looks real good on it too! The oh so slight rake is perfect
It's a pic I found on the net. By chance I have a model car that I built decades ago that looks exactly like it.  Never could get my hands on a 56 Vicky & really regret selling my 56 Tudor Ranch Wagon that I found abandoned on the street. No wheels, lots of glass busted out. I had to save it & just drug it home. It had 292, a manual 3 speed trans with overdrive. Ran & drove very good.

1956 Ford 002.jpg

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Custom valve cover sticker proof....

I am putting these on stamped steel "THUNDERBIRD" valve covers. I had the valve covers gold powder coated. Early 60s covers on FE high performance engines had these decals in 352,390, or 406 designations....
Lynn

mustang6984

Those are sweet! Where did You find them?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

I had them custom made by a "Sticker Mule". They shipped today.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Lynn...I'm confused.....the pic you posted earlier is of a BLACK '57.....? Nice decal, or nice sticker?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

It is a vinyl sticker, my car is black and white..... I am always confused!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Black and white?......I would have sworn it was 2 tone blue.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

This is an older pic.... :002:
Lynn

djfordmanjack

She is looking great, Lynn ! What a beauty !  imho the 56 bird emblem fits you car better than the 63-ish crossed flags.