News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Very Attractive.

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2023-10-29 06:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

While on IG. a friend I follow posted this 57 wagon,..... and the Inca Gold,Raven Black combo is just a stunning combination.These were taken at the now hot Gathering of the ROC in Oklahoma...(probably the best place to see early Fords)
It always was my favourite on a 500 series car..... but never offered on a Custom, Custom 300 or Wagon(?)
Am I incorrect on that?
anyhow..... If I ever win the lottery to paint my B/W Custom 300..... this would be the combo.
Just stunning.....

Not sure if this is a members car on here.. and if it is.. man.. it sure is beautiful.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

It is a beauty to be sure! What month is this show do you know? I'm only about 4 1/2 hours from OKC so I'd like to go some time.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Early October. I was thinking about going, but I think it's the same weekend as my favorite show in Ruidoso, NM. Gathering at the Roc.........It's a favorite with the Hamb guys. Getting a car into the show is by application and acceptance only, but they say the parking lots in the area are the best part of the show.
That's a great looking Ranchwagon, Jeff, any idea what they are asking for it?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

This is just my opinion, with the front valance painted body color like on this wagon it just doesn't look right to me it appears there's a big void between the grill and bumper, I think ford got it right painting them Argent silver it ties everything together.

mustang6984

I see what you mean...it does kind of disappear. How about if it had been painted the yellow instead? I can't envision it as silver.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-10-29 09:35Early October. I was thinking about going, but I think it's the same weekend as my favorite show in Ruidoso, NM. Gathering at the Roc.........It's a favorite with the Hamb guys. Getting a car into the show is by application and acceptance only, but they say the parking lots in the area are the best part of the show.
That's a great looking Ranchwagon, Jeff, any idea what they are asking for it?

I do not know what the asking price is or was Rich.

lalessi1

Quote from: 57chero on 2023-10-29 21:00This is just my opinion, with the front valance painted body color like on this wagon it just doesn't look right to me it appears there's a big void between the grill and bumper, I think ford got it right painting them Argent silver it ties everything together.

I agree 100%. the first thing I did to my car when I bought it 11 years ago is paint the valence (black) to argent silver.

The wagon is a very nice car and I agree about the paint colors they are striking!
Lynn

alvin stadel

Jeff, I am with you on the inca gold and black fairlane 500's. In Sept. of 1963 I went to a dealership with my parents where they were ordering a 64 custom 4 door. While they were making their deal I was walking the used car lot, and there it was, I had to have it. A inca gold and black 57, and $500.00 later I was driving it home. Then in 1985 I decided I needed to restore another 57. I found a black and white 2dht, that needed more than a little TLC. I took it down to bare metal and it became inca gold and black. I still have it, it has my E code for power.

rmk57

My uncle Jerry had a 57 Fairlane 500 with that exact colour combo. I would have been 9-10 years old so the car was still in nice shape. That wagon really pops with those colours for sure.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2023-10-30 10:12Jeff, I am with you on the inca gold and black fairlane 500's. In Sept. of 1963 I went to a dealership with my parents where they were ordering a 64 custom 4 door. While they were making their deal I was walking the used car lot, and there it was, I had to have it. A inca gold and black 57, and $500.00 later I was driving it home. Then in 1985 I decided I needed to restore another 57. I found a black and white 2dht, that needed more than a little TLC. I took it down to bare metal and it became inca gold and black. I still have it, it has my E code for power.

Alvin
My first introduction to 57's was a Fairlane 500 that was the Inca and Raven combo.
It was my Grandfathers Brothers car and he and his wife would come up to the cottage in about 1968 or 69....
I was very young but I clearly remember being mesmerized with that car and its look.
So my uncle would often tell my grandfather as he sat in the car idling away......"Eddie... get your Grandson from away from the back of my car.... he is gonna get retarded!!!"

Too Late.

And so my love affair with the 1957 Ford began.

lalessi1

Jeff, I wish you would not have posted that pic ... now when I look at my Raven Black and Colonial White Custom all I see is Raven Black, Inca Gold and dollar signs !$$$$ Lol

They probably didn't offer certain colors on the Customs because They would go with the limited interior choices.

It would be striking on a base Custom.
Lynn

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2023-10-31 13:15Jeff, I wish you would not have posted that pic ... now when I look at my Raven Black and Colonial White Custom all I see is Raven Black, Inca Gold and dollar signs !$$$$ Lol

They probably didn't offer certain colors on the Customs because They would go with the limited interior choices.

It would be striking on a base Custom.

Oh Man Lynn... that...... would..... be... AWESOME.

mustang6984

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2023-10-30 11:09Here is a 30 minute tour.
It is on my bucket list.
Terry
 :canada:

https://opposingcylinders.com/gathering-at-the-roc-2023-hot-rods-customs-and-a-wildlife-preserve-all-wrapped-up-into-one-day/

Thanks for the link. I just now had time to look at it. Looks like a fun time. I'll have to go one day.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Jeff, this isn;t very important but I thought I would share it with you. Yesterday a couple of friends stopped by for a couple of beers and some random BS. As they were looking at all the stuff I have hanging on the walls and asking me ? about certain pictures, memorabilia ect. I spoted a car show poster that I hadn't really looked at for some time. It is for a car show, Saskatoon 40th annual, on April 21 & 22, 2000. In the middle of the poster is a large picture of a inca gold and ravan black 57 fairlane 500 2dht. Friends of mine.  from Glasscow Mt. that were at the show, brought back the poster for me because of the feature car. I framed it to keep it bright and clean. There again it really dosen't mean anything to anyone but me. Take care, Alvin