News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

valve covers

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2023-11-21 10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi all,  boring time of year,  cars put away till April,  lots of  time to think.   just saw a picture of aluminum thunderbird valve covers for a 292 or  312,  are they available? any where,  who might have a set?,  or who sells repro,thanks  for any  info.    jerry

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

BP57CUSTOM

Factory aluminum T-bird covers are usually available on ebay, I bought a set of NOS off ebay for 350. repops may be better quality than originals,but will cost about the same I think they will all look good after some elbow grease. You will also need the long bolts .Good luck.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

geraldchainsaw

thanks for the info guys

geraldchainsaw

ok,  went to ebay,  found a set,    WOW,  expensive,    befor I put out that much money,  a few years back didn't some o ne say installing   aluminum valve covers could be a pain,  that they leak alot?  jerrry

BP57CUSTOM

I put the aluminum valve covers on my 312 to stop vc leaks and have not leaked a drop of oil since installed.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

geraldchainsaw

LTHANKS   bARRY

57chero

Repops are $320 a piece or $680 a pair with all the attaching parts included, a buddy picked up an original set for $375 that needed a lot of work sanding and buffing.

57chero

It took about 6 hours and is a tedious dirty job.

Hoosier Hurricane

Well, I'll make us all sick.  In 1958 I bought a new pair from the local Ford dealer.  With a discount I paid just under $17.00 each.  That was before Indiana had a sales tax too.  Fortunately I still have them on one of my T-Birds.
John

Jeff Norwell

I believe E-Code on this board(Jay Arrow) has an original set for sale.......Maybe DM him and start a conversation.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

I have a beautiful set for sale that I have had for 20 25 years.     

57chero

I came across a pair a while back, cleaned them up and bought a set of adapters to put y-block valve covers on a sbf, put them on my Ranchero with a 351W fools a few people at car shows that aren't that familiar with y-blocks.

Ecode70D

Jerry
 I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't work for me.  Please try to send me a PM.
Jay Arrow

geraldchainsaw

to jay Arrow,      ok,  my email address is jerrywmalcolmataoldotcom,  about the aluminum  valve covers for a 312 ford mtr,   can you send a   picture   & $,     thanks    jerry m