News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Ecode70D

What is that car in the last 3 pictures?  I would hate to have to do a body repair on it. 

gasman826

I got some NOS parts for it!!

Swank

It's got my hubcaps.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

CobraJoe

The 1956-57 Ford X-2000 Concept Car, successor to the 1955 Ford X-1000 Concept Car,

as well as the 1953 Ford X-100 Concept Car which has a bunch of cool stuff like: a 1952 Lincoln Y-block overhead-valve V-8 with five carburetors on a "Multi-plex throat" intake manifold: one central four-barrel carburetor and four additional two-barrel carburetors around the four-barrel. The Continental 195X also used Firestone radial-ply tires, reportedly making it the first Ford vehicle to use radials. In addition to the power retractable top section which would close automatically when it began to rain thanks to a water sensor mounted to the roof! The X-100 also featured built-in hydraulic jacks, heated seats front and rear, memory power seats, power hood and trunk lid, hot and cold windshield washer sprays, a center console with a telephone and dictaphone and an electric shaver, and thermostatically controlled fans to cool the front brakes.

Lou

regarding #113 the 59 Ford wagon looks to be Brown (mocha ) yellow, I can remember as a 15 year old car crazy kid seeing 3 or 4  for 57 Ford Victorias and one convertible  that color combo, in including the salesman demo that sold my father his new 57 Fairlane club Victoria.   

CobraJoe

It really is a cool color combo. I actually like it more than the red/white combo.

Some more color combos:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Lou

reply 145, Joe thanks for the 3 57 pics, brings back a lot of meriores, I've got a question about the black & Red car (my favorite). I see the seats have red inserts with black bolsters, was this a Ford factory upholstery item? I have a 57 soft trim catalog but it a first edition (November 56) was this offered later? 
My fathers car was cumberland green and white with a black and white interior, he ordered it 5 days after the 57 came out in september 56, he got it 2 days before Thanksgiving 1956. The assembly plants were working 24/7 and still couldn't keep up with the orders.   

CobraJoe