News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-06-29 10:37

I have no idea how many 58 Sedan Deliverys Ford built, but they seem to be much harder to find than the 57s. A friend recently discovered a 58 Canadian Meteor Sedan Delivery that has been off the road since the early 70s. Pretty rusty, its part of an estate sale he is involved with. That cartoonish looking car with the 58s, is a modified English Ford Zepyhr convertible, called " Mr. Beep", which was suposedly used in promoting traffic safety in the Toronto Ontario area.  Mr. Beep was featured in an episode of the TV show, "Guild Garage" a while back.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Lou

Car carriers

Lou

More carcarriers

Ecode70D

It's hard to imagine that some of those early car carriers pulling all of that weight were powered by just a little flathead engine.

CobraJoe

Good turnout at the Halifax Cruise last night; last count I heard was 600+. Jay and I met another '57 owner, that's his yellow custom behind Jay's and mine:

Here's some close ups of his FE 406 powered 300 Custom, beautifully done:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

...and a few  pics of the cruise:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Jay, in regards to the Mattapoisett Harbor Cruise: (one of these nights, I'll bring my other Ford)

Shipyard Park
Water Street, Mattapoisett
Daylight hours, plus evenings during special events
With its landmark gazebo, view of Mattapoisett Harbor, and proximity to the busy Town Wharf, the grassy park offers a glimpse of traditional seaside village life. In the summer, there is a small food and ice cream shack open, and there are evening concerts and cruise nights at the park and wharf. In July, the two-day Harbor Days Festival, sponsored by the Mattapoisett Lions Club, draws crowds from throughout the region. The festival is part of a week-long series of Harbor Days events.
Friday Cruise Nights in 2018: May 4, May 18, June 1, June 15, July 6, July 27, August 3, August 17, September 7, September 21. Cruise nights are from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. and feature DJ Johnny Angel with Rock and Roll music the way you remember it.

Ecode70D

Joe
     I have not been to the Mattapoisett cruise for years.  It was always a nice one on the waterfront.  I'll try to get away on some Friday night.
     It was nice to see that Yellow and white 57 custom 300 last night in Halifax.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  They are nice and clear.
      I'm glad that you got to meet John V. from our site.   Hopefully he will have his 70D all done soon and will be bringing it to the cruise.  Jay

FiveSevenLiter

Here are some shots of M.S.A. Motors that my father and uncle bought in 1959, as well as photos in 1955 and in the 60's.  This was how my brother's and I started to play with Fords. 
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

^ Cool pics. You still have a Ford dealership today?

CobraJoe

I'm pretty sure this is how the Shelby Cobra was born.....

Ecode70D

If that is a real picture, I want to think that the nice two door 59 Ford didn't get damaged by the Tupperware perch that it is parked on top of.   Just saying.