News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Joe..........because this is such a great thread, I feel I need to add  my 2 cents about the pics posted in 192. All of the pics are great and I really enjoyed them, but I think it could easily open a bag of worms cluttering up this thread. James has been great at letting us add "off topic" stuff where when this forum originated, when it was strictly '57 Ford only topics, but maybe we don't want to push the envelope too far.
Most of the added boards over the years are still Ford car related, or at least car owner related, like the morning coffee thread.

Yeah, it would be nice if we had a "like button", but I am sure glad we don't have a "don't like" button, lol. With that said, I guess we've mostly forgotten about the "applaud button" we do have.......you should have a lot more applauds (hint, hint)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Rich, heard and corrected, thanks.

Supposedly the most expensive photo ever taken, or so the claim Henry Ford made of this one as he shut down the Model T plant in Highland Park and had all 12,000 employees join in, late 1913, before the assembly line days.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

1940 Mercury Gasoline Economy Test Car 3  The inset shows the visible gasoline test meter mounted on the hood. Official observers can watch the mileage being recorded as fuel goes through the meter.

CobraJoe

Still my favorite movie...

This dual overhead cam Model T Ford conversion engine was developed by Jack E. Gallivan and was available from 1926 until 1930. The engine had a pair of two-inch valves in each cylinder and the cams were gear driven.

This car is a Ford Model T chassis equipped with an aftermarket speedster body and splash aprons, pin-drive wire wheels and an accessory front radius rod brace.

CobraJoe

Early radar Sydney Australia

djfordmanjack

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-07-07 14:56

Joe, where did you find that old pic of  'MY' Country Sedan ? :003:
I wonder where I left my Airstream then....well...I wonnahave....

djfordmanjack

love that 37 on the 57% grade. all those aold pics are really awesome. and Jim, you're 100% spot on with the 57 topic :002:
love your affection to GT40s and Cobras, Joe. WOW !

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2018-07-07 05:46
Keep them coming. I love the B&W photos also and collect them.

59meteor

I sure wish our famly 58 Ford Ranch Wagon was still around when I turned 16 in 1973, but unfortunately it got wrecked in the late 60s when my Dad tried (unsucsessfully!) to teach my Grandmother how to drive. I was in the backseat when she drove the 58 into a telephone pole at 20 MPH in a parking lot. This shot of me sitting on the fender in the summer of 1966 brings back fond memories of me riding in the back of the car, no seat belts of course!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

CobraJoe

Thanks guys.  :003:

CobraJoe

hiball3985

I've been waiting for Edsel fans to chime in  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

'oooh I'm sorry officer, I didn't mean to say that your patrol car was ugly....maybe different'  :003:

I love EDSELs.

I know that thsi is an old pic thread, but I just have to add this one. making proof of how good they can look.

RICH MUISE

Gunter..not an old thread. Joe just started it recently and has been adding daily. Go back to the beginning if you haven't yet. Tons of wonderful pics.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe